Replacing D Rings & Lifting Straps

Csordo

I have an 87 Master Angler.  One of the transom D broke when trying to lift the boat with straps to launch the boat.   When replacing the D ring I notices that interior bolts of the D rings are encapsulated in gelcoat of interior cap of the boat and there is no access to them.  Anyone have any idea how to replace these D Rings?  Cut access hatch?  What a sham that would be.  Also, I was told that these D Rings should NOT be used to lift the boat with hoist into the water.   Does anyone know what is best way to hoist into the boat with straps when launching the boat.   My marine doesnt have a ramp and only launch method is hoist.  Any ideas?  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since no one has  pipped up I would like to add I have a HPXV 15fter I BGT 10yrs ago.  It was fitted by the previous owner to lift with deck mounted U Bolts of stainless with a heavy backing plate beneath  the cap and the hull over hang. He had a lift at his house which where it was stored.  It did work.  My boat is quite light so iT may not apply to your situation. BTW are your u-bolts on the transom ?