TM Install RF18

Posting for a buddy with a 2000 RF18. He is installing a new TM and is having a hard time getting to the nuts in the forward console. I asked if the boat had a plate glassed in and he said “no”. Anyone using some type of lag bolt or some other trick to get to the nuns?

thanks in advance.

If he can see the bolts, use an closed-end wrench with a piece of PVC as an extension. Slide the wrench into the PVC and Duct tape the wrench and pipe together. Then put a piece of duct tape on the bottom of the wrench to hold the nut from falling out. Might also need a light and mirror. Man on top tightens the bolt.

Good deal.  Now sure if I ever told you how much I appreciate you letting me look at your Shade Blade and answering all my questions. Bought and installed mine about 2 years ago. Best thing I ever did for my boat. I get lots of lookers and questions about that top, but have never seen another on the water. You da Man.