4 blade suggestion for HPX S

Something doesn't seem right here... You have a 17HPX-S with the 70HP Yamaha? You should be able to reach 6000 with the 15 Powertech no problem.

I currently run the 16Pitch 3 blade on my HPX-S. I can run 42MPH at 6300RPMS.

I previously ran the 15Pitch 4 blade on my HPX-S. I would get 39MPH at 6200PRMS.

I also run jackplate, tabs, and powerpole. Have you adjusted your trim and jackplate while running?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Naples  Maverick, There seem to be numerous variables which might explain the lack of performance from the 4 blade prop. I recently had a mis-stamped prop sent to me by Power-Tech. Although the prop had the proper stamp on it, the diameter and pitch did not match the stamp. If other operators are getting vastly different numbers than you, you might want to check the prop to see if it's diameter and pitch are what they should be.

38 minutes ago, hawg said:

Naples  Maverick, There seem to be numerous variables which might explain the lack of performance from the 4 blade prop. I recently had a mis-stamped prop sent to me by Power-Tech. Although the prop had the proper stamp on it, the diameter and pitch did not match the stamp. If other operators are getting vastly different numbers than you, you might want to check the prop to see if it's diameter and pitch are what they should be.

I agree....looks a bit large for a 15 P?   No way should you be hitting only 20-24 ....

CALL FUNKY MONKEY ON THE FORUM - AKA MARCUS AT POWERTECH....ASAP.

DC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I seem to have a similar experience.  I had three blade. Wanted a better hole shot. Called power tech and gave them my WOT and they sent me a 4 blade prop. Can’t recall exactly what it is.  But I am only getting 4400 rpms WOT and 33mph In a 2002 , maverick HPX no tunnel HPX 2 with a 90 hp Yamaha 2 stroke. I did recently install a jack plate   

Its making some rev sounds. Like rev up and then rev down. Like I am moving the throttle.  The revs change a little. Can’t say it feels like cavitation but maybe. Sounds like it is struggling.  I have been told I may be over propped and need a hydrofoil.  A cavitation plate  

any ideas?

thanks