Surprise

Got a little treat opening day of gag fishing. 56 feet of water is not the norm for a snapper this size and the dolphin was certainly a surprise.

Both fish were by themselves. Gag fishing was tough for us as no current at all and we were on the new moon. We got a handful and actually caught a keeper red grouper at 24 inches.

H551tbc.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Nice Troy.

I went offshore with some friends about a month ago (pre-ARS season on gag opening day - June 1st) and while we could only manage a few  gags in the box, we smoked the ARS... could have sank the boat in meat. One big fish after another right back into the water. Hate it.

pf

Couldn't get our limit of gags on opening day but got couldn't get away from the ARS. About 75 ft. Captain ordered all of them back to the sea. (I researched it later and the rule said only "federally permitted vessels" or something of that sort could take). The one I'm holding in the pic is actually one of the smaller fish caught.

A trip about a week before my buddy landed this nice blackfin tuna. That was another slowish day. Mostly grunts and a few red grouper.

pf

jb ARS.jpg

black tuna.jpg