Estero Bay update

I gave Patty a Paddle Board for Mothers day.

Today as the first time using it, so I followed her with the HPX T, staying  100 to 200 yards behind, as a back up.

It was a nice experience to see so many small snook and a few nice females in a school of 5 cruising the shores.

Several small single reds where there too, some smaller Sheepshead

What was also very encouraging is the quality of the water and the amount of bait schooling up 

However not much was hitting all that bait. a few pelicans did and one big school of jacks crushing them that look like an acre big 

I didn't see any Tarpon but I heard that they are in the bay at sunrise (too early for my Circadian rhythm😊)

Basically not great, but very encouraging

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 7:02 AM, flatsdoctor said:

BTW there’s good number of tarpon in the passes and channel early morning

They are here. Watched a boat bring one to shore. Looked to be 60" plus budging from the distance of the head and tailfin that I could see in the water. Captain brought the boat close to the beach, grabbed it by the mouth, and the fisherman jumped in for the phot op. Poor guy lost it when he grabbed it from the Captain's hand to take the picture. Good catch and release anyway. The real story is the water quality looks to be improving. Thank you Governor DeSantis and all of the clean water advocates who have worked so hard to get us to this point. There is still a lot of work to do but I think the tide is turning for the better, finally.

On 5/29/2019 at 7:02 AM, flatsdoctor said:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, beachbuggy said:

The real story is the water quality looks to be improving. Thank you Governor DeSantis and all of the clean water advocates who have worked so hard to get us to this point. There is still a lot of work to do but I think the tide is turning for the better, finally.

I'm not sure who to thank for it...

But I'm very grateful and hopeful for the  progress and improvement of water quality and conditions!!

If we don't interfere or mess up with it, Nature will take care of things like it always has

On 6/4/2019 at 10:14 PM, flatsdoctor said:

I'm not sure who to thank for it...

But I'm very grateful and hopeful for the  progress and improvement of water quality and conditions!!

If we don't interfere or mess up with it, Nature will take care of things like it always has

Flatsdoctor - Where do you put in at? I am out in Estero typically 3-4 days a week. I have yet to see an HPX-T in the bay!