99 PF 17T bilge pump

SSPhone

99 17T bilge pump change out. Right now I have 2 Rule 500 pumps but neither are automatic and I just don’t feel good about leaving the boat in the water overnight. Any suggestions on removing the existing pumps to replace with new? There’s not much room in there to move around.   

So I dont know the age of these pumps yes they both are working when I hit the switch and they do remove the water. It's just the unknown factor that makes me think I will just replace both with the automatic type with the switch built in. There's not much room to work in the little hole so hoping for the best when trying to remove the old ones.

http://epmarine.com/catalogs/Jabsco_&_Rule_Catalog.pdf

page 19 has two 3/4" automatic pump choices - and you can step up your gph with the same 3/4 outlet. Just need to run the brown auto wire to power.

One style comes on about every 2.5 minutes sensing for water.  The other is smarter and only comes on when water is present. on a technical poling boat I would NOT want the pumps to kick on.

OR you could keep the manual pumps like you have and  install a float switch.

Mine has the pump that comes on ever 2.5 minutes so I moved my brown auto wire to the Perko because I don't need it coming on every 2 minutes when the boat lives on a trailer. Just need to remember to keep the Perko ON if its in the water overnight (I have a reminder directly on the Perko so I see it all the time).

Gotta have good working pumps! I test mine often by leaving the drain plug in and filling the bilge up with a hose (and soap). Doesn't take much water if you have her tilted up, plus you get a clean bilge. Good luck.

1 hour ago, captpn said:

http://epmarine.com/catalogs/Jabsco_&_Rule_Catalog.pdf

page 19 has two 3/4" automatic pump choices - and you can step up your gph with the same 3/4 outlet. Just need to run the brown auto wire to power.

One style comes on about every 2.5 minutes sensing for water.  The other is smarter and only comes on when water is present. on a technical poling boat I would NOT want the pumps to kick on.

OR you could keep the manual pumps like you have and  install a float switch.

Mine has the pump that comes on ever 2.5 minutes so I moved my brown auto wire to the Perko because I don't need it coming on every 2 minutes when the boat lives on a trailer. Just need to remember to keep the Perko ON if its in the water overnight (I have a reminder directly on the Perko so I see it all the time).

Gotta have good working pumps! I test mine often by leaving the drain plug in and filling the bilge up with a hose (and soap). Doesn't take much water if you have her tilted up, plus you get a clean bilge. Good luck.

Where's the LIKE button? Thanks captpn

• 6 months later...