Nevr-Dull to polish Yamaha motor ?

If it is the same metal polish I'm thinking it is I would not use it on paint.  Like a lot of metal polishes it has abrasives in it so it would be removing some paint with every use.  I used Never Dull, the stuff in a tin can, when I had my old Triumph Bonneville and it worked great on the metal but used regular polish on the paint. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mulligan said:

If it is the same metal polish I'm thinking it is I would not use it on paint.  Like a lot of metal polishes it has abrasives in it so it would be removing some paint with every use.  I used Never Dull, the stuff in a tin can, when I had my old Triumph Bonneville and it worked great on the metal but used regular polish on the paint. 

Some guy I know uses it religiously on his outboard, motor is 2007, and it looks brand new. He applies CLR before using it. 

Ok.. I know a guy who used to spray his Allison Craft with armor all before he took it out because the boat was faded. Does not mean that’s the way I would take care of my boat. You could spray it down with 4D 40 and wipe it down if you want to. I bet it would shine like a new penny. 

I am not saying it is going to hurt your motor. I’m not saying do not use it. You asked if it were possible because you have seen guys do it. Well of corse it’s possible. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to try something other than wax get Black Magic super protectant.  It is fantastic to put a non build up surface that beads up water like crazy.  It is also great for any rubber or vinyl products. I put on a new car and was laughing because my car cover wouldn't stay put because the surface was so smooth and slick. I use it my outboards with VG results.

• 8 months later...