Spring 2019 Mixed Bag

pondfisher

5 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

you caught that gator on a fly???  Dry  fly?  Thinking maybe a royal wulf #16 on a 4 wt?   They go crazy for that pattern in the spring if you can catch a hatch of midges going off in the evening.  Nice work!

Lol. Gator trapper taking out a 10.3’ beast from my pond.

3 hours ago, mulligan said:

Those are some pond fatties!

If I remember correctly back in the day you hopped around the Land o Lake ponds/lakes.  Would you happen to know how the bank fishing is generally over that way? 

I used to live on Lake Saxon so I usually fished from my backyard or my neighbor’s boat. I still use my old neighbor’s boat when I go there to fish these days. Other than that I sometimes bounce around from one little retention pond to another but they are hit or miss. 

Thanks.  It looks like we will be moving over there soon.  The house has a small couple acre pond behind it and hope it is a hit rather than a miss.  Every time I have gone there I have seen splashes on the surface and people fishing the bigger lake, Lake Dupree, across the street.  Sure would be nice to walk outside to bend a rod.

50 minutes ago, flatsdoctor said:

With bluegills and bass like that I would move in your pond if I was a gator!!

nice!!

Those other fish are tilapia but you’re right, the gators eat them all the time, which helps, since the tilapia are invasive and pretty much take over the pond, crowding out the native bass.

1 hour ago, mulligan said:

Thanks.  It looks like we will be moving over there soon.  The house has a small couple acre pond behind it and hope it is a hit rather than a miss.  Every time I have gone there I have seen splashes on the surface and people fishing the bigger lake, Lake Dupree, across the street.  Sure would be nice to walk outside to bend a rod.

Let me know when you make it over here and we can hit both the fresh and the salt.

Archived