My old 16 RF

dabear

Back in the day it was a fun little project . Could not ever get more than 50 hrs between tearing the motor down and freshening it up , I was turning it hard every time out . Lots of machine work and modifications to that motor not a bolts on ECU reflash no brained that thing had some serious modifications to make HP at extreme RPMs the machine work to the block alone was weeks of grinding and polishing exhaust and intake ports raised and made wider , finger ports , .020 over wiseco pistons ,horizonal front half of block , light fly wheel , heads shaved and reshaped  , several diff tuner lengths and shapes hours of intake grinding and redirection of flow , reed cage mods , diff reed material  220 hp cards lots R&D that didn’t help , all fun at the time , sounded like a bumble bee at WOT . It was time for it to go and join the quiet emission friendly non smelly great gas mileage four stroke fisherman . Spent way to much time turning wrenches instead of turning reel handles was more on a play boat than a fish boat . Was fun at the time but I am really loving my turn key non gas burning VF115 four stroke . maybe it’s old age . 

Archived