2003 Maverick 18' Master Angler

DerekS MA18.5

Hi to all, 

Well finally had a moment to load some pics of my new project.  Needs a lot of work but nothing that can't be done with time and nothing structural.  Will be spending a lot of time sanding and buffing to turn this boat back into fighting lady yellow and oyster white.   Seats are in ok condition but will likely get new ones.  Have a new Humminbird  and MinnKota motor for it already.   Trailer is in great shape.  I will do my best to post some pics as i go.

Having a lot of trouble finding a poling platform for it as well.  Will get one made i guess. 

I assume it would be best to them here is the same thread?  Is that the norm? 

Thanks, 

Derek

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_2095.jpg

• Like 1

That right therenis a fine looking vessel!!!   If you do get a poling platform made, let me know.  Mine was custom and whoever designed it was pretty sharp.  The design has a verticle tube down low that allows me to shove the push pole straight down to ancjor the boat.  Love that feature to a ridiculous degree.  Poor mans power pole, but even if I get a power pole, it will save me from needing two.   Here are a few pics with the platform off the boat while she is being repaired.20190126_084411.thumb.jpg.3b8906751fc76f36594492025f7c1d1d.jpg

20190126_084405.jpg

20190126_084426.jpg

On 3/14/2019 at 5:19 AM, whichwaysup said:

That right therenis a fine looking vessel!!!   If you do get a poling platform made, let me know.  Mine was custom and whoever designed it was pretty sharp.  The design has a verticle tube down low that allows me to shove the push pole straight down to ancjor the boat.  Love that feature to a ridiculous degree.  Poor mans power pole, but even if I get a power pole, it will save me from needing two.   Here are a few pics with the platform off the boat while she is being repaired.20190126_084411.thumb.jpg.3b8906751fc76f36594492025f7c1d1d.jpg

20190126_084405.jpg

20190126_084426.jpg

Thanks whichwaysup!  I am going to have one similar to that  love the push pole anchor hole  

Can u do me a favour and measure the width and length of the top deck please  

thanks again  

That looks great, will be doing that to mine when Ibget her back

The poling platform deck is 25 front to bac x 43 left to right.  Perfect size from my experience. 

If there is one thing I would change it would be to make the platform higher to accomodate a jack plate.  Right now, it rises off the deck 34 inches to the top of the tube that supports  the platform.   I wish it was another 5-10 inches for clearance.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 5:46 PM, whichwaysup said:

Horizontal rod holders.  I dont use them, because it seems like a great way to lose a rod!  May be useful for trolling, I guess, but wouldnt put a stradic in them!

Thanks for that,  that’s what they looked like but agree with ya. I am not putting stradics  and GLX’s in those. 

On 3/20/2019 at 11:27 AM, HoneyB said:

Just for giggles I thought I would post up a platform I had built on a previous boat. It was over built  as it’s primary function was a ski pylon . But it swept back and took  up zero deck space .

F6D3E323-F3B9-4ECE-A549-71C08BDCF097.jpeg

Thanks HoneyB!  Love the swept back look going to add some of that in. 

• 10 months later...
On 3/11/2019 at 3:32 PM, DerekS MA18.5 said:

Hi to all, 

Well finally had a moment to load some pics of my new project.  Needs a lot of work but nothing that can't be done with time and nothing structural.  Will be spending a lot of time sanding and buffing to turn this boat back into fighting lady yellow and oyster white.   Seats are in ok condition but will likely get new ones.  Have a new Humminbird  and MinnKota motor for it already.   Trailer is in great shape.  I will do my best to post some pics as i go.

Having a lot of trouble finding a poling platform for it as well.  Will get one made i guess. 

I assume it would be best to them here is the same thread?  Is that the norm? 

Thanks, 

Derek

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_2095.jpg

Hey Derek, any final or updated pics?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2020 at 12:48 PM, whichwaysup said:

Hey Derek, any final or updated pics?

Sorry, yes lots but was holding them hoping to do a reveal at some point.  Here is one!  New seats should be done in a couple weeks,  have all the aluminum bent for building the poling and casting platforms.   All Interior and ext. looks brand new!  New switches.  Working on the trailer now. 

Derek

MAVVVV.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2019 at 11:56 AM, whichwaysup said:

That looks great, will be doing that to mine when Ibget her back

The poling platform deck is 25 front to bac x 43 left to right.  Perfect size from my experience. 

If there is one thing I would change it would be to make the platform higher to accomodate a jack plate.  Right now, it rises off the deck 34 inches to the top of the tube that supports  the platform.   I wish it was another 5-10 inches for clearance.

Hey guys,  just fabbed up my poling platform and set it in place before I weld it up.  Lots of tape!   Whichwayisup I ended up going 42” off the deck and set it back over and behind the motor. Support rails are just there to hold it together and will be spaced correctly in the shop. Went with 1.5” Od 1/8” wall tubing, tough stuff to bend but nice and strong. 

26EC7763-63FF-421C-A7F7-18F610596F12.jpeg

11A7F1F7-818F-4F3D-8A12-8F3028BC5DD3.jpeg