Clean Up & Refresh

Blue Agave

Good Day Captains! I am new to the forum. Thank you for having me. I just acquired a 2006 - Pathfinder - 2200V. Long story but I will get to that in another post.

Great Boat so far. I am in the beginnings of a refresh. I decided to clean out the center console where it had a pair of corroding 2013 batteries to the point where one of the batteries was oozing some sort of red acid ooze and a deteriorated/deteriorating Minn-Kota DC-AC converter/charger. The circuit breaker was blown as well. I completely removed all pieces and cleaned up the inside. I do not have a before pic of the inside but you can probably imagine the mess, corrosion and deterioration of the components. I actually wore gloves to remove the batteries. I pulled out hand fulls of dirt, grime, leaves, sawed pieces of fiberglass, screws, nuts and many zip ties. I removed the access panel that held the Minn-Kota and circuit breaker. Completely washed and scrubbed down the inside of the console. I then hand sanded (400 grit) the access panel and repainted bright white. I had also began pulling apart an old teak Adirondack chair about a month ago that I have had for many years. I thought how better to add life by using the pieces of cleaned up teak to a classic Pathfinder. Attached you will see some before wood works teak clean up through the stages of cleaning, sanding and oiling. Teak is an amazing piece of wood to work with. I am also working on adding life to the hatches where the hinges attach. Again another post. My fiberglass work isn't as good as my wood work at this time but I am sure I will become proficient in glass work soon as all hatches are in need of some love. Just a note Captains, If you want your fiberglass to maintain its integrity when drilling please start small and work to just the inside diameter of your screws. Thank you for viewing. 

-Capt. Steve

Blue Agave

499623786_Stage1.thumb.jpeg.5dc12dcd0b9ee669a103c41840fdd42f.jpeg1256559251_Stage2.thumb.jpeg.da316d798e21cbb1751c0cf98372aa4e.jpeg1573945677_Stage3.thumb.jpeg.7497f23a9e6e50dcc6ce34a1f319a9b7.jpeg1202261103_Stage4-Final.thumb.jpeg.93fc4085a412189a523ea86d755779d6.jpeg269393672_Stage5-Cheers.thumb.jpeg.49dbc7dca6b7ace88ea35941c9c1a89f.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 years later...