18' Redfisher Live Well quit working

Nolezone

The main live well in my 2008 18' Redfisher quit working this week. Fuse is good. When I looked at it, the #2 live well assembly appears to be almost on top of the primary one making removal of #2 necessary before I can check #1. Are all Hewes multiple live wells set up this way? I also noticed I can jiggle the #1 live well assembly a little which bothers me. The #2 live well assembly is tight as a tick.

Do live wells have to be periodically maintained? Do the screens need periodic cleaning? It sure looks like a pain in the rear to have to get to my #1 assembly.

I do have some corrosion in a lot of my wires and maybe that's it. I plan to look at all wiring this weekend to see if there are any wire runs I should replace. I bought 100' of #14 wire and a bunch of heat shrink marine butt connectors to use in fixing.

Thanks

I just went through this. Be prepared to keep the kids away, you will hear your self cursing like a sailor trying to work in that tiny pie hole!

i could not get the fitting off the ball valve so I just found the old school rule’s cartridges to replace the old ones. You can still find them on eBay. Then did the butt connections and heat shrink and it came out pretty good. Needed only 3 band aids in the aftermath. GL

I ran into this the other day. My pump had ended up burning up so I was lucky and had the clip in style RULE brand pump. I replaced it with the same and heat shrinked the connections. I did take the strainer covers off while I was hanging in the bilge and flushed out the screens, but had never done that before.

Archived