Post Micheal

Has anyone been doing much fishing either off shore or inshore?

Any news on the movement or destruction of reefs and flats? There must be a considerable number of boats and debris littering the coastal and bay waters.

I have found several submerged docks in St.Andrews bay. And still a few boats stranded on Shell Island.IMG_0571.thumb.jpg.16116042c19d0da2a8276f263c3381a3.jpg

I have no idea why these come out sideways?

IMG_0572.jpg

Overall the fishing has been good off of St George Island. The bay has warmed up quickly.   Sea bass and porgy fishing has been good offshore when you can get out. 

The redfish have been in Sikes Cut and West Pass along with whiting.  There has been a few pompano caught.

The trout fishing has been spotty.

A little farther east around Carrabelle area is the same. Warm waters have the reds feeding along with  some flounder. And the same here for trout, very spotty. Offshore the sea bass are plentiful as well as grunts. Of course the usual releases of grouper and red snapper since out of season. Cobia should be showing up soon, probably next couple weeks. Good luck

On 2/26/2019 at 7:27 AM, Bamaskeet said:

Living on the Forgotten Coast has many advantages but skeet shooting is not one of them.  I have not found a skeet range or sporting clays range within 100 miles of SGI with one exception, Tyndall Air Force base has a couple of skeet ranges but they have not opened since the hurricane. 

Talon range in Tallahassee has skeet, trap and a sporting clay course. Coon bottom gun club has skeet, trap and a 5 stand sporting clay course I believe.

Archived