Any updates?

dcathey

I fished just a little bit north of N-Cap last weekend and was blown away by the amount of life! We caught 42 redfish. Noticeably a lot of the fish were little which is awesome to see. Most fish were in the 16-18" range. Biggest was 34". From my opinion the area is recovering quite well! Other guys I have talked to said its been the best in years. Hopefully they extend the catch and release again when it is up for debate.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Lady fish schools are still strong here, baby snook everywhere and One tarpon hooked in my canal yesterday. I have caught a couple keeper trout since last report, but not much else.

Guides are all busy as the season may happen early this winter.. 

Planning a trip to Choko, next week.. Looking forward to it

• 3 months later...

It seems everything is in better shape than last year. We are coming up on our annual trip and I remember last year that the red tide issues were already popping up. Any of you locals seeing anything down near N Captiva- Sanibel that is concerning? Im praying we get a good year after last years debacle.