Fishing New Years Day

lurem

Memories, My son and I fish together a lot and did not miss the chance to go yesterday since we were both off work. he brought up something on his phone from Facebook called memories that almost brought a tear to my eye. Apparently it shows you what you were doing on that same day last year and he showed me that the last 4 years (since he has had Facebook anyway) the two of us have started the new year together on the water fishing! We looked at the pictures of past new years day jaunts and got a good laugh of our times together.

We fished the south side of Tampa bay from Little Manatee river down to Joe island and back. We did not see or catch any live bait but did get some shrimp before putting in at the ramp.

Fish were on the points were the current was moving in 2-5' of water.

IMG%5Ds4q2yb.jpgwi0ghx.jpg23lcy0x.jpg

Did the same thing for years with my oldest boy. Good way to start the new year.

He spent the night this year here at the house with us and was mad I had a charter booked New years day. He did get to help clean the boat when I got in.;)

I did manage to catch about 20 minnows yesterday Dale but the fishing was fairly slow for us. Prettiest day I have seen in months though!

Archived