Sign in to follow this  
Donh

Big Uglies

Plenty of big uglies to be caught in the Glades, donh! Most of the schools I've seen have plenty of 20+lb fish. Have your guide (Capt DeWalt) hunt them down for you. ;) 

Those I caught Friday were in 20 feet of water. When they start schooling in shallower water where I can sight cast to them I’ll be putting the long rod on those critters. Biggest I caught up there on fly was 17 pounds but there are 30 pounders around.

dh

3 hours ago, Donh said:

Those I caught Friday were in 20 feet of water. When they start schooling in shallower water where I can sight cast to them I’ll be putting the long rod on those critters. Biggest I caught up there on fly was 17 pounds but there are 30 pounders around.

dh

Sounds like your club record is within reach....it will only cost you about 10 more trips or $5K :) to get it.

dc

4 hours ago, conocean said:

Plenty of big uglies to be caught in the Glades, donh! Most of the schools I've seen have plenty of 20+lb fish. Have your guide (Capt DeWalt) hunt them down for you. ;) 

This rusty hook can't find a catfish these days :)

dc

What price glory! Next target is 12 and 20 tippet on fly. It should take only one trip ( I hope).

That’s the challenge. Friday soecifically targeted the 8 # mono record. 

dh