2002 2200v deck cooler anchors issue

geeks2you

Bought a "new to me" 2002 2200v. Have a problem with 1 of the cooler anchor points on the deck in front of the console.  It has dropped loose from the deck surface and is sort of falling into the deck. The biggest worry is that there is a large gap the is open for water to leak into the fiberglass floor as well as into the bilge.  I looked this weekend and the water was pooling on top of the fuel cell and it looks like it it has rusted the fuel gauge wires, which is not working currently.  Can I just epoxy the anchor point back into place and then seal and small gaps around the hole perimeter? Anyone else had this issue?

8.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

yes i also have this problem,been fighting the deck hardware always coming loose with vibration of boat,etc. i have 2011 22ft pathfinder.

i thought about removing it all and filling in with marine tex,then paint it,but maybe as suggested just fill in spaces with epoxy and see how that works.

would like to see/hear your results.

john watermeier

IMG_7988.JPG

IMG_7991.JPG

IMG_7992.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Just removed all four on my 2012 2200 TRS.  I cleaned everything up, then used Loctite Marine epoxy to seal the holes. Lowes carries it. Color is close. I will now use Engels Deep Blue Tie Down Straps. Now half the hardware, no 1/2 inch holes in the floor. Only challenge was creating a bottom in each 1/2 inch hole to hold the epoxy. I used plastic from a milk jug and cut round disk to push in the holes. 

Engel Tie Down.jpg

loctite marine epoxy.jpg

Floor repair.jpg

Floor Repair 1.jpg

On 7/2/2018 at 10:05 AM, geeks2you said:

Bought a "new to me" 2002 2200v. Have a problem with 1 of the cooler anchor points on the deck in front of the console.  It has dropped loose from the deck surface and is sort of falling into the deck. The biggest worry is that there is a large gap the is open for water to leak into the fiberglass floor as well as into the bilge.  I looked this weekend and the water was pooling on top of the fuel cell and it looks like it it has rusted the fuel gauge wires, which is not working currently.  Can I just epoxy the anchor point back into place and then seal and small gaps around the hole perimeter? Anyone else had this issue?

8.jpg

End Results......The Loctite Marine Epoxy is very easy to work with and would easily fix your current setup. 

Engel Floor Hardware.jpg

Engel 35qt..jpg