New 24 just got her tower

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The boat had to have a Bobs machine shop 5 degree engine wedge installed between the engine and jack plate.  Without the wedge thew boat was running bow high and I had to use full trim tabs to get the bow down. Now I have full tilt and trim control over the bow and dont even touch the tabs!  Finally got the Sim rad linked up with the sonic hub for the music, with a JL M800 amp powering 2 JL M880 and 2  M770  The set up is loud and clear.  Looks like a new prop is in order as well. The max RPM I can get is 5100 trimmed, that will give me right at 50mph. The manual has the recommended rpm range as 5000-6000 so taking a little pitch out should do the trick!

39 minutes ago, Buzzarde said:

The boat had to have a Bobs machine shop 5 degree engine wedge installed between the engine and jack plate.  Without the wedge thew boat was running bow high and I had to use full trim tabs to get the bow down. Now I have full tilt and trim control over the bow and dont even touch the tabs!  Finally got the Sim rad linked up with the sonic hub for the music, with a JL M800 amp powering 2 JL M880 and 2  M770  The set up is loud and clear.  Looks like a new prop is in order as well. The max RPM I can get is 5100 trimmed, that will give me right at 50mph. The manual has the recommended rpm range as 5000-6000 so taking a little pitch out should do the trick!

Yes.  Need to be up close to 6000!  Seems like all the 24’s are over propped for the real world!!!

Well small problem. The brown  deck covering that came from pathfinder can not be color matched by seadek or any other brand name out there.  I wanted to add additional coverage but with the color difference it will look like crap!  So it looks like the brown will be coming out and seadek going in...

• 2 weeks later...

Got the factory deck material removed and had Castaways put in seadek and it all matches.  Tried 2 different props so far and have one more to try but leaning toward the 3 blade 15.25" with a 18 pitch over the 4 blade.  Better overall performance where the 4 blade was losing too much in the mid range where I like to run most of the time. Next will be the Abyss underwater lights.

path2.jpg

path3.jpg

path 4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived