whichwaysup

2000 MA Repair Thread - Stringer issue

Just got these pics.  Folks, this boat hasnt looked like this for 2 years.   

Engine test in the next few minutes.  Y'all say a prayer . . . .no really, say a quick prayer RIGHT NOW.    

62679.jpeg

62681.jpeg

• Like 3

Congratulations.....glad for you the ordeal is finally OVER! You have more perseverance than anyone I know...including me!

ENJOY!

• Like 2

Well, hopefully the last post on this thread.    I will probably update the opening post with a synopsis of how this all ended and what I found out along the way.    

Took her out this a.m. for the first "offishal" saltwater fishing trip.    Had my buddy join me in his boat as an insurance policy since I was going to run a decent distance.   Between his boat and mine, I managed to get three of my five kids out.    #4 was also begging to go, but he is a bit young for 5 a.m. wake ups AND school.   

Boat ran exceptionally well.   Reworking the prop seems to have improved my grip in turns, but I have lost a little on the top end.   51 MPH at 6k rpm with two kids a full tank of gas, and two full livewells (forgot to unplug em!!l).   I need to move my xducers up, I am getting a decent spray up the transom, but was pleased.  We probably added 10-20lbs or more to the stern in materials, but man she felt solid.    

Oh, we caught a few trout too, but mostly harrassed the lizard and bluefish populations.  Apparently they missed me.

Got a few small projects for her for this year, but if things continue to go well with her, I suspect there will be a powerpole or two in her future next year.   

It is hard to describe what its like seeing her in my driveway again, like nothing ever happened.    What a long, strange trip its been . . .

20191105_072516.jpg

• Like 1

Been away for a while working on mine and haven't kept up with yours Gus.  I am super glad to see her back out on the water and congrats on a successful first trip.  Enjoy !!!!!

• Like 1

Just thought I'd update this thread - it's been just over a year since I got her back.   There were a lot of dark days in this journey, and people who know the story often ask me if it was worth it.    

Absolutely no question.   I couldn't have imagined how much happiness a boat could provide.   I'd have to check the number of hours I've put on her since I've had her back, but I am still amazed at the ride this boat delivers.   I cross some big water and run long distances, and even at high speeds, this thing rides like it's on a cushion.   Since I got her back, I have:

1) Replaced the rims and tires  - Feb 2020

2) Added a rear keel roller to the trailer to provide more support while trailering  - Mar 2020

3)  Re-sealed the lower unit - April 2020

4)  Replaced impeller/water pump, seals, etc. April 2020