Hewes RF 21 seat backrest

mknaron

I have an 03 RF21 without the tilt up seat as well.  Had 3 Tempress seats done when I bought it.  Driver seat is mounted just slightly forward of the other 2.  Spin them around backwards when towing to keep em from flipping up.  Called "low back" seats if I recall.  Works fantastic!

image1[1].jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

35 minutes ago, J.N said:

I have the swivel seats similar to Mangroovin. They work great for running but they do get in the way when running from front to back while fighting fish. I want a flip up butt cushion,  but the wife disagrees.  

The wide gunnels are where I do my running from front to back.  Many of my catches require no running......lolol.

5 hours ago, Mangroovin said:

The wide gunnels are where I do my running from front to back.  Many of my catches require no running......lolol.

Just noticed you have the kevlar hull, Nice! My boat doesn't even shine anymore from sitting outside. It needs a paint job.

On 3/19/2018 at 9:20 AM, 2fastlx said:

Im in the same boat. Mine  is an '01 and I have been looking at getting a backrest for a while. This is the only option I have found so far.

http://www.marineproducts.net/folding-horizontal-mount-back-rest/

That looks pretty nice. The other kinds require large holes to be cut through the deck. What's that 300hp VMAX run like? I almost bought one that had a Hydro tec phase 3 kit and I was concerned it was a ticking time bomb.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2018 at 11:51 AM, J.N said:

I have the swivel seats similar to Mangroovin. They work great for running but they do get in the way when running from front to back while fighting fish. I want a flip up butt cushion,  but the wife disagrees.  

I have the same...from FishOn seats....they work well.

dc

On 3/19/2018 at 9:20 AM, 2fastlx said:

Im in the same boat. Mine  is an '01 and I have been looking at getting a backrest for a while. This is the only option I have found so far.

http://www.marineproducts.net/folding-horizontal-mount-back-rest/

i have an 01 redfisher 18 with this backrest i found used on craigslist. i love it and my passengers appreciate something to hold them in too.

8 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

I have the same...from FishOn seats....they work well.

dc

Same here.  Haven't had them get in the way...still plenty of room on the gunnels to get around them.  Mine does have a flip-up seat and I find it way too low.  It's much more comfortable with the swivel seats and you're up little higher.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived