69F water today !

fishmanjj

Had a chance to get out for a few hours this morning around St Simons. First time out since all the freeze / snow etc . 

Fished last of outgoing on top water for trout...no bites.....decided to switch to DOA's , caught a few undersized trout and a couple of redfish. It was good to see a few small trout which I hope means that some trout survived the freeze. 

IMG_0161.jpg

1 hour ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

JJ, we went yesterday also. Fished from the Ogeechee all the way out to McQueen's.  Looooong day on the water. Had a total of 6 nice trout with the largest being 3.25lbs. Caught a good many shorts and lots of guys pulling in as many over sized reds as they care to catch. Fish are still here. 

IMG_3309.JPG

Wow....your boat looks much better without the poling platform, I never understood why some PF's have poling platforms, because you dang sure aren't going to pole it very much. Our bay boats are too heavy and wide to strategically pole on the flats. You really have your boat looking awesome.  I forgot to mention....one thing that was really biting were the gnats ! 

Thanks, JJ. I never understood it either. Heck, my Bonefisher was too heavy to pole, in my opinion. When I found this 1900, I was on the fence about it because of the platform, but I always knew it could be removed. It bugged me from day one having it on there, but a lot of guys I know kept telling me to leave it on. After a few beers, I decided I was making an executive decision, and I took it off. It was like a breath of fresh air when I saw it without it. It is now much more fishable and no more fighting to get your line around the platform when fighting a big fish.

Archived