Red tide upper Tampa Bay

Dredgetrash

1 hour ago, Dredgetrash said:

Fished the bay today and Tuesday. Yesterday there was only dead fish south of the Courtney Campbell. Today I was seeing them on the north side. 

Reports show almost no presence of red tide on the central west coast of Florida.

Could be a die off from something else to include low oxygen levels. You can report to.

Call (800) 636 0511 (tollfree) to report fish kills, diseased fish, or fish with other abnormalities. Leave a
detailed report and
contact information on the recorded message. A biologist will contact the caller,
usually the following workday, if more information is needed. Please do not call the FWRI Fish Kill Hotline
to request dead fish cleanup; local municipalities are responsible
for dead fish cleanup, usually only on
public beaches.

You are smelling the dead fish. I live on the water right next to bayside bridge (houses with trimmed mangroves). We have dead fish everywhere , ranges all the way to safety harbor. 

Funny thing is the tarpon are thicker than I've ever seen. Caught this one yesterday amid floating dead fish.

Seen redfish, trout, sheepshead, mullet, catfish etc all dead

20170817_165521.jpg

17 hours ago, linesider 159 said:

You are smelling the dead fish. I live on the water right next to bayside bridge (houses with trimmed mangroves). We have dead fish everywhere , ranges all the way to safety harbor. 

Funny thing is the tarpon are thicker than I've ever seen. Caught this one yesterday amid floating dead fish.

Seen redfish, trout, sheepshead, mullet, catfish etc all dead

20170817_165521.jpg

Fortunately tarpon can survive in very low dissolved oxygen areas. Have heard from a few guides it's really bad in some areas.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived