2200 Pathfinder with Tower - Tampa Area

FunFlatsFishing

Does anyone have a tower or preferably a half tower on a 2200 Pathfinder in the Tampa area?

I am weighing my options. I currently have a 2005 Pathfinder 2200V TE with a Yamaha F150 with low hours, twin 10' blades and a GPS trolling motor but I want a tower boat. A part of me wants a bigger boat with a tower and another part says just keep what I have and know works and add a tower to it.

I will either A: upgrade my boat with a T-Top tower/half tower (around $10K option)

Option B: Try to find a newer boat that is bigger. Used 2400/2600 or go the used custom bay boat route which is almost impossible to find (Avenger, Dorado, etc...) (budget around $60K) and sell mine.

Thoughts?

7 minutes ago, northernsnooker said:

I would think adding a tower to your boat would make the F150 feel sluggish.  Then you would want to repower. 

I think your best bet would be to upgrade to a 2400 or 2600.  Find a used one without tower or t top and have a custom one installed.

I was thinking about that as well. I currently hit 44 mph at 5800 RPM without a T-Top running a PowerTech OFX4 17. I also used to run a OFX3 19 but didn't like it as much. 

I got mine built two months ago and just got it finished rigged last week.  I have the inline4 200 and hole shot didn't change one bit.  Just make sure you run the right prop.  I run the OFX4 16P in the summer and the CFS4 16P in winter.  

*pic will not upload right side up!  Sorry.  Click on it and it will correct itself.*

IMG_2459.JPG

• 6 months later...

Are you still looking at a towered Pathfinder?  I own a 22' TE  with a quality T top  mid tower with duel helms. Im running a 200hp vmax, with a power pole and 24v trolling motor. Im running 45 to 50 mph with a 4 blade performance prop.  Its for sale!   Im ordering a 24' PF to replace it.

10 minutes ago, Buzzarde said:

Are you still looking at a towered Pathfinder?  I own a 22' TE  with a quality T top  mid tower with duel helms. Im running a 200hp vmax, with a power pole and 24v trolling motor. Im running 45 to 50 mph with a 4 blade performance prop.  Its for sale!   Im ordering a 24' PF to replace it.

I ended up going with a 23’ Dorado with 3/4 tower. 

Good luck with your sale. 

Archived