Water clarity around North Captiva

Drummer

I have been fishing around here for about 30 years and cannot remember seeing the water as clear as it is right now. Mullet are a little scarce, as are the reds, but snook, trout, and snappers are thick. Not as many pesky dolphins as last year, thank The Lord. If you haven't been out lately, don't miss this tropical paradise in full bloom. 

Water was ridiculously clear from Jewell Key north to Picnic Key last week. I know that's far south of Captiva but I couldn't believe the water clarity. Fishing was decent and I didn't see any porpoise in that area. The water was spotty from Choko Pass south with dozens of porpoise rolling, as usual, though.

15 hours ago, BowMovements said:

Perfect timing, I am just getting to Captiva tomorrow. Brought my 19 Redfisher, we are staying near redfish pass, could you point me in a direction to fly fish for snook? Also have you seen many tarpon this way? Thanks in advance!

You are near the action. My boat is at Jensen's Twin Palms Marina. I can show you a few spots. Meet you in the AM or text me 704-619-2685.  Dave

Archived