What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

Crimped the ends on the power cable for the new hummingbird that is going on up front. Figured I would put these Anderson power pole clips on that way in the future if I ever need to remove I just pull apart and go !!!  Also crimped on the ends that will get pulled through the conduit to the console. At the console I will use regular spade slide ons. 

8F8AEB19-51D2-42C0-86BF-0608FF18E1CF.jpeg

204B7DA3-4807-4944-B43B-D1BF15EC13AA.jpeg

5178FD8F-33B2-419D-8EDF-C7C8E30405FF.jpeg

Spent the last two days attempting to feed a fish tape down the tube from the bow to the console for the new bird. I get as far as 6 feet and hit a brick wall. After trying a Nylon fish tape and then buying a metal fish tape thinking a metal one would be better it was a no go. I decided to just tap into the bow light. Figured it doesn’t get used after daybreak and the wiring seems good enough. Here’s some pics. Still need to Mount the base. 

AC853FE3-E0C2-432C-8241-6F95201E6247.jpeg

E66AD0AD-021C-4983-AF56-75716A91533F.jpeg

On 2/6/2022 at 7:06 PM, RacerxV6 said:

Spent the last two days attempting to feed a fish tape down the tube from the bow to the console for the new bird. I get as far as 6 feet and hit a brick wall. After trying a Nylon fish tape and then buying a metal fish tape thinking a metal one would be better it was a no go. I decided to just tap into the bow light. Figured it doesn’t get used after daybreak and the wiring seems good enough. Here’s some pics. Still need to Mount the base. 

RacerxV6, you may have already tried this - it works with conduit over long distances.  If it's a semi-sealed tube, you can tie one or two plastic grocery store bags to the end of a pull cord/twine and shape the scrunched plastic bag into a puff ball by shredding/trimming with scissors.  Stuff the puff ball into one end of the tube and s*ck the puff ball with pull-cord, with plenty of slack, through the tube with a shop vac on the other end.  No fish-tape needed.  Might be worth a try if there is a small obstruction in the tube.  I would lubricate the wire/cables, and make sure there's nothing that could get hung-up in the tube, before pulling them through if you can.

• Like 1

Morning G,  I attempted to perform the procedure that you recommend, however the tube comes up short of the console and I cannot see it.  I see where the existing wires run for the TM and bow light which happens to be be in that tube.  It's just the manufacturer did not run it all the way into the console area and they pre wired everything at the factory.  Hence the bore scope to see what I am hitting at approximately 6 feet in.  Another buddy of mine recommended that I place a ring around the existing wires and attach to the fish tape so that it follows those wires.  If there is no obstruction I may give that a try.  I'll post results from this weekend when I attempt it.

• Like 1

Ok folks here you go. Best I could do with borescope.  If I had one that I could focus and move around I probably could get a better shot.  Looks to me like the foam collapsed and punctured the tube The one thing I can’t figure out is, what is the other thing. Almost looks like some sort of bug, but I don’t know what. What do you all suggest on how I go about removing the blockage?  I am thinking some sort of snake with a drill head type that will bore through it. My concern is the existing wires. I would hate knicking them and exposing bare wire. 

3F035A64-4717-46D5-B7D0-DE2983CAA69B.jpeg

83DEBB4E-0DD9-452A-8F5C-86412DD384F2.jpeg

A4B3BB58-5EDA-4CB8-BEE8-92DF83092D63.jpeg