What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2021 at 8:27 PM, jim33042 said:

Gave her something shiny and new

3592AC8C-0DF0-4646-BF0A-2AD6EC45CFE6.thumb.jpeg.c8a454683422f1ccd20b9ac804bbdbc4.jpeg18 bay fisher, 115 yahama 4 stroke, new power tech nrs3r17p

That’s a great medium bow lift prop . Works well on boats that had a hair too much lift with the PTR series . Plus it is lookin good & shiny . 

9 hours ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

Put on a Minn Kota CoPilot that a friend sold for cheap.   He just got a new iPilot and I had an old tiller handle that I’ve been wanting to upgrade.  This will work for a while until I decide if I want to get an IPilot for myself.   

Congrats on getting a good deal and having a good friend!

You know MK makes conversion kits that turn your copilot into an ipilot. If the motor is in decent shape, it might be a good option. It would definitely increase the value if you ever needed to sell it.

https://www.minnkotamotors.com/support/faqs/can-i-add-i-pilot-my-minn-kota-trolling-motor

46 minutes ago, MBGNole said:

You know MK makes conversion kits that turn your copilot into an ipilot. If the motor is in decent shape, it might be a good option. It would definitely increase the value if you ever needed to sell it.

Good info. HYD, I would keep that info between us on the forum, you're friend doesn't need to know!:D

On 6/12/2021 at 8:42 AM, MuddyBottomBluz said:

Good info. HYD, I would keep that info between us on the forum, you're friend doesn't need to know!:D

We both knew that was on option, but he wanted to get the newest ipilot. I have considered going that route and still may. I can tell you one thing, those new iPilots will hold you on a dime. We fished in the surf today for trout on the beachfront, just outside of the breaking waves. It was rough. I had to anchor, but my friend used his spot-lock on his trolling motor. He didn't move off of his spot in some very rough water.

• Like 2

On 6/17/2021 at 5:25 PM, HewesYourDaddy said:

Replaced the original Minn Kota prop with a high performance Kipawa prop. This will be my second trolling motor I’ve made the swap on.  Very good performance out of these pieces. 

7DA10C27-2424-48EF-876C-FD0D7295DF3C.jpeg

6FBD7074-0AA0-416D-B2B5-5355FEB15914.jpeg

Hewesyourdaddy,  what do you like best out of the change?

6 hours ago, RacerxV6 said:

Hewesyourdaddy,  what do you like best out of the change?

Smoother running (less vibration or chop than OEM prop), more speed, and Kipawa claims a substantial increase in efficiency with extend run times on a charge. I haven't fully explored the run times between charges, but it does seem I'm using a lot less of my battery charge on each trip. I've turned a few of my friends on to these props and they all seem to be very happy with their performance also. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, whichwaysup said:

do you hve the link for that?  brilliant!

https://www.meyersprotackle.com/shop.html.  I'm very happy with it - don't have it mounted, it stays put just fine.  That's including long runs across a choppy bay, through the pass and fishing the ocean side.  It can also go under the leaning post with a smaller cooler next to it.  

• Like 1

On 6/19/2021 at 4:29 AM, HewesYourDaddy said:

Smoother running (less vibration or chop than OEM prop), more speed, and Kipawa claims a substantial increase in efficiency with extend run times on a charge. I haven't fully explored the run times between charges, but it does seem I'm using a lot less of my battery charge on each trip. I've turned a few of my friends on to these props and they all seem to be very happy with their performance also. 

$40, seems like a logical reason to upgrade.  Heading to the internet to purchase...

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...