What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

It’s pretty easy. You order the kit which consists of sheets of mylar and all the instructions. Cut the mylar just bigger than the area you plan to cover and just trace out the edges of your nonskid. Send it back to seadek and the will send a rendering to make sure everything is correct. Installing on your boat is very easy. Just peel backing and stick. Took me about 30 min. Just make sure your alignment is right before sticking because its hard to peel back and maneuver. I got quoted from all the well known guys that come to you and do it but was a lot more $$. 

1 hour ago, Miss Jazzy said:

It’s pretty easy. You order the kit which consists of sheets of mylar and all the instructions. Cut the mylar just bigger than the area you plan to cover and just trace out the edges of your nonskid. Send it back to seadek and the will send a rendering to make sure everything is correct. Installing on your boat is very easy. Just peel backing and stick. Took me about 30 min. Just make sure your alignment is right before sticking because its hard to peel back and maneuver. I got quoted from all the well known guys that come to you and do it but was a lot more $$. 

Did you have to clean Deck with acetone or alcohol or what ? 

6 minutes ago, geeviam said:

Looks great!  Anxious to hear what you think of it after the test run.

Me too. The 2 stroke I took of the boat a while back had one and it was great. I didn’t notice any noticeable blowout in turns.  With this new engine setup (Suzuki DF140A), I notice some blowout in slow speed turns. We are running the best prop (I think) for this set up. Has lots of grip, but as anyone that has run a tunnel hull before will tell you, trimming the boat at different speeds and trim angle is constant work.  Hopefully this will improve my low speed issues.  

Installed 4 new stainless steel cleats on the boat today for use specifically for the bumpers.  Being an aluminum hull I purchased a new tool.  The Rivnut Installer.  This is probably the coolest tool I have to date.  Drill a hole, screw insert on to gun, place in hole and squeeze. I failed to take pictures of insert attached but here are the results. I could always take the cleats off and show I will do that in a bit. Here are some pics though.

before-cleat copy.jpg

after-cleat copy.jpg

closeup-cleat copy.jpg

tools-cleat copy.jpg

1 hour ago, whichwaysup said:

I need to do that.   Desperately.   Looks gorgeous

I just did this to my Gheenoe which was really faded thanks to the lame shop that kept it uncovered and apparently in direct sunlight for 10 months.  It looks 100X better, not quite like brand new, but close enough.  It's amazing what a wool pad and a drill can do with a little compound.

• Like 2