What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

46 minutes ago, Coto said:

What are you slapping on the back of the old girl?

New Suzuki 140

I shopped all the brands and Suzuki had the best commercial warranty and angler program I could find.

it came in 17lbs heavier than the current 2 stroke which I’m not pumped about as I fish almost exclusively on the push pole but couldn't bring myself to go all the way down to a 90.

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 1:21 PM, RacerxV6 said:

Q4R, do you have the Terrova w/iPilot that has the dongle for the foot pedal?  

Iam thinking the same thing, way to hard to bass fish and use the remote....

Yes.  Its just plug and play.  I still need to train my foot, but I already like it WAY better than using the remote and having to take my hands off the rod to control.

Installed a new Hella Marine NaviLED 360 Compact 12" fold down base anchor light..  Old one appeared to be a replacement based on how it was wired, but it was an old bulb style and the bulb holder on the inside had to be messed with every time and the bulb re-inserted to get it to work.  Also, the new one is a little taller so it should now officially be the tallest point on the vessel as my power pole was a little higher than the old light.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 10:04 AM, quest4reds said:

Yes.  Its just plug and play.  I still need to train my foot, but I already like it WAY better than using the remote and having to take my hands off the rod to control.

**UPDATE**  the foot pedal for my Terrova with I-Pilot is black and left some light marking on the white non-skid.  It came up fine, but I'll be looking at a solution so that it doesn't leave marks. 

Initially, I was thinking of putting some dabs of RTV on the bottom of the pedal and letting it cure, but not sure how well that would hold up.  Now thinking maybe I can mount a piece of sea deck or similar product to the bottom of the pedal but that's too expensive unless I could get a couple scrap pieces out of a garbage can or something.  Any suggestions on a material that will hold up in a saltwater marine environment but not mark the non-skid?

1 minute ago, quest4reds said:

**UPDATE**  the foot pedal for my Terrova with I-Pilot is black and left some light marking on the white non-skid.  It came up fine, but I'll be looking at a solution so that it doesn't leave marks. 

Initially, I was thinking of putting some dabs of RTV on the bottom of the pedal and letting it cure, but not sure how well that would hold up.  Now thinking maybe I can mount a piece of sea deck or similar product to the bottom of the pedal but that's too expensive unless I could get a couple scrap pieces out of a garbage can or something.  Any suggestions on a material that will hold up in a saltwater marine environment but not mark the non-skid?

What about Flex Seal, you can by a small can of it and dab the pedals in it and let it dry, you can also get it in white.....

FlexSeal.PNG

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, linesider 159 said:

I used 4 small squares of seadek on the bottom of my foot pedal, helped keep it from sliding and marking up the deck. Id post on a local fishing facebook page and ask if anyone has some scraps. If you were local to Tampa id give you some white seadek scraps I have

This seems like it would be perfect.  How did you get them to stay on the pedal?

1 hour ago, quest4reds said:

I don't have any experience with this stuff.  What is durability like?  Any issues adhering to plastic?  How's clean up?

We use it to dip our metal clips that hold tickets to the tire machines.  It adheres very well to the metal.  i would think it would adhere just as good to the rubber feet.  I have never tried it on rubber.  I have a can at work here.  I'll test it out and report back.

clips.PNG

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, linesider 159 said:

I used 4 small squares of seadek on the bottom of my foot pedal, helped keep it from sliding and marking up the deck. Id post on a local fishing facebook page and ask if anyone has some scraps. If you were local to Tampa id give you some white seadek scraps I have

linesider, did you have the little foot pedal pads installed when it was marking up the deck?  I did not, duh.

13 minutes ago, RacerxV6 said:

We use it to dip our metal clips that hold tickets to the tire machines.  It adheres very well to the metal.  i would think it would adhere just as good to the rubber feet.  I have never tried it on rubber.  I have a can at work here.  I'll test it out and report back.

clips.PNG

So I'm an idiot.  When you said "tried it on rubber", it dawned on me that my foot pedal should have some rubber feet so it doesn't slide around.  I just went and looked in the box and there were 4 pads that install on the bottom of the pedal, I just didn't see them and never put them on.  So I just put them on and this may solve the issue, but I have a feeling, since the little pads are black rubber or perhaps silicone, that they will still leave marks.  I also have my doubts that they will hold up to salt water environment over time.  I'll try this out on my next outing and report.

• Like 1

Well yesterday I slimed up the deck and live well.  Fished my favorite place, Smith Creek, and put striper, flounder, long nose gar, and red drum in the boat.  The new anchor light worked well, as did the little rubber feet that came with the foot pedal I forgot to install originally, no marking.  I'd attach pictures of the anchor light and all the fish, but haven't been able to attach a picture in over a week now, still getting an error.

• Like 1

100 hr service and all new leafs and hangars on the trailer.  Power pole was on the fritz needed a new cap and board.  Pp shipped for half price. What a great company.  New lowrance 12 inch head unit on order. This is the part where you Bust Out A Thousand more...but it sure is fun...

Hutch