What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

So here a some pics of what I am building for rod holders.  I really don't want to drill into the boat just yet, and this is removable.. The seat bases will be cut down to the same width as the 1" square tubing or just a little wider.  I have endcaps that will be placed in the tubing.  Undecided if I should prime and paint or find somewhere i can get it powder coated white.

T-Bar Setup3.jpeg

T-Bar Setup2.jpeg

20 hours ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

I forgot about a word of caution with jackplates for first time owners/users that you need to be aware of WWU and a mistake I made twice now.

If you have hydraulic steering chances are the cylinder/ram is inside the splash well so trimming the motor up is not an issue. But when a jackplate with any set back is installed you now put your hydraulic steering ram directly above the transom or just passed it. Trimming a motor up with a jackplate all the way down the hydraulic fittings may/will come in contact with the transom and snap them off or cause cosmetic damage. So be careful. Luckily I only suffered cosmetic damage. I got a brand new baystar cylinder for my Jon Boat because the owner did just that, snapped off both hydraulic 90's in the ram and just wanted to get rid of it, to me for $75! Easey outs are a beautiful thing!:D

Oh and motor height, the jackplate mounting holes are higher. only one height so if you are mounted currently on your second hole you may need to drop the motor down one hole with a jackplate.

Hmmm, wow, this is definitely something that was NOT on my radar.  Have had JPs before but never had this issue.  Already have to figure out orientation with the poling platform, so this will go on the list of considerations.   the engine is already in the lowest position, so will be curious how this will affect performance.

Let the fun begin!

Got a T-Top installed. I’ve been on the fence for a while now, but when it comes down to it it’s just not comfortable for the kiddos in the sun all day long. ( I’m getting cooked too). James Gartside @ Dark Arc Marine had this top built for another customer who wasn’t happy with a certain design feature. He made it right and built the man another top and was sitting on this one. I come along with the exact console as the previous gentleman, James gave me a hell of a deal and everything else is history. Still getting used to it. It’s almost like the boat matured a little today. 

55214AD9-8A03-4A02-9241-1E271EBF1E9C.thumb.jpeg.3117e855ca659b5c15b92f3146664e5b.jpeg

756E823A-E80F-4A8D-8B70-76E27F678E8A.jpeg

• Like 3

On 7/26/2020 at 9:19 PM, MikeH said:

I applied Mary Kate On Off Hull Cleaner to my 2008 Maverick Master Angler, with a natural fiber paint brush per the instructions. Not a pleasant job. Fumes and vapor from the acid were pretty strong. I did the entire hull and everything I could get to on the bottom. It really does make the tannin stains disappear!

FYI I've switched to Y10 Gel, way more effective and user-friendly! The best I've found. 

1605.jpeg

• Like 1

Finally decided to fill the hole in dash where dead Lawrance lived. Thought of putting small tackle storage keeper in but after finding WD on Simrad Cruise 9 that saved me $200 as well as Simrad offering $150 rebate I couldn't pass.  Also decided to move and turn vhf to make room for something. 

Dash needed new face so I fabricated a StarBoard one that extended 1"above dash to keep stuff from sliding off. Pretty happy with it all.  Now will use Cruise 9 for solely navigation and NSS evo2 7 for structure. 

20200725_161510.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lap it Up said:

Sandblast etched and aviation two part primer and epoxy black.  I even thru in my lean post rod holders for good measure.  

I've always wanted a black Edson wheel but i just cant justify spending the money on one.  We will see how this holds up.  If it starts to chip i'll send it off for powder coat.    

wheel1.jpg

wheel2.jpg

wheel3.png

Thas looks good. Please post how it does. Might be interested in doing the same to mine. Did you do it yourself or have a company do it?