What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

On 7/12/2020 at 5:46 PM, linesider 159 said:

Well it’s stripped and ready. Switched the 12 inch sub to 2 10 inch jls in a box under the console, expect that to be done in 2 weeks. Seadek comes tomorrow afternoon to scan the boat, and Tuesday I drop it at fiberglass to have everything done. The next 2-3 weeks this boat will really come together. 

Sneak peak of the seats

Also, thank God for oak trees and the shade they provide to work under, today was brutally hot

06AFBF54-2D57-44CA-B1E7-03FAEA0A997E.jpeg

6F430403-814A-49D6-A7A8-54BEFE09F884.jpeg

BBA54E84-5164-450B-94DC-DF32E59B6EEB.jpeg

Looks awesome. I can only imagine the grill marks the girls will get from the other pic 😉

• Like 1

Finished the fuel lines finally!! No more smell of fuel in the bilge x2 days. Was a less than desireable project but attainable for anyone looking to DIY. It isnt fun, and you will almost need a blood transfusion, but it is doable. Plenty of Advil and Beer helped me along. My fuel line to the stern, smelled like fuel on the outside of the hose and was not very pliable(previous owner did say he used ethanol frequently/almost always), vent hose was decent shape and probably couldve stayed, the fill hose was stiff and seemed more fragile than I was comfortable with. Changed the fuel vent from origional  to a newer flush mount. Did have to create an access hatch in the port/aft compartment. 8” hole made JUST enough room to Get the vent and fill hose done. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shallowminded6 said:

Finished the fuel lines finally!! No more smell of fuel in the bilge x2 days. Was a less than desireable project but attainable for anyone looking to DIY. It isnt fun, and you will almost need a blood transfusion, but it is doable. Plenty of Advil and Beer helped me along. My fuel line to the stern, smelled like fuel on the outside of the hose and was not very pliable(previous owner did say he used ethanol frequently/almost always), vent hose was decent shape and probably couldve stayed, the fill hose was stiff and seemed more fragile than I was comfortable with. Changed the fuel vent from origional  to a newer flush mount. Did have to create an access hatch in the port/aft compartment. 8” hole made JUST enough room to Get the vent and fill hose done. 

Pain in the you know what but you will have a lot more piece of mind every time you fill her and use her.  Good work.  

• Like 1

Thanks! Love the sound of the V8. This is the base model and it has way more options than I’ll ever use. Previously had a Nissan Pathfinder and the 22 Pathfinder finally got the transmission at 145k miles.  Pretty sure I’m gonna love the extra power...but not the mpg. 

• Like 1

After turning down a few cash offers today, and debating the uncertainty of employment due to Covid, we decided to keep ‘ol girl for a little bit. So, thanks for the interest and kind words on my listing (I’m going to go remove it now) Stay tuned for the addition of a t-top, a few more speakers and probably an amp swap or too. I sure hope the addition of a t-top doesn’t have me doing the prop dance again....@HoneyB, if this slows me down into your range, I’m hanging a 400R on it! 

2 hours ago, BradM said:

After turning down a few cash offers today, and debating the uncertainty of employment due to Covid, we decided to keep ‘ol girl for a little bit. So, thanks for the interest and kind words on my listing (I’m going to go remove it now) Stay tuned for the addition of a t-top, a few more speakers and probably an amp swap or too. I sure hope the addition of a t-top doesn’t have me doing the prop dance again....@HoneyB, if this slows me down into your range, I’m hanging a 400R on it! 

Better get some wrenches out 🤪

• Haha 2

I applied Mary Kate On Off Hull Cleaner to my 2008 Maverick Master Angler, with a natural fiber paint brush per the instructions. Not a pleasant job. Fumes and vapor from the acid were pretty strong. I did the entire hull and everything I could get to on the bottom. It really does make the tannin stains disappear!

• Like 1

installed the Balzout a while back...did not get a chance to update the forum....

Some pics....after 1/2 doz trips, best $200 investment I've made in a long time.  VERY HIIGH QUALITY MILLED ALUMINUM PARTS....Great guys to work with...called them and they were spot on for the model and size.  This allows me to place the screen exactly where I wanted to the side of the console and face back.

I1MG_7296.thumb.jpg.442873a29fee2e2146eda0dad926c71b.jpgI2MG_7298.thumb.jpg.6d481d272dee21b8b8303e907f771aef.jpgI3MG_7299.thumb.jpg.1e2e1b196e46a97ca14ac5864073e7b5.jpgI4MG_7300.thumb.jpg.2ea11d27f86c024c275bd9992f1061f0.jpgI5MG_7301.thumb.jpg.261e7b05cd6f2ae8f4b738514a85fc1c.jpg

They are Cheapo West Marine.....

I set them there to hear when we are running....the 2 smoker is pretty loud when running.....ta-ta-ta-ta 

Sound is what you get for $40 a piece or something like that....

I have a set of JL on the deck floor....but, again, it's mostly just for listening to some tunes....no amps or anything.....

dc

Checked my lower unit lube to make sure the resealing job did the trick.  Everything looks great.   Have a bunch of projects waiting for me:

1) Install new bunks on trailer

2) polish bottom side of hull w/3m finesse it 2.   Getting a lot of staining there and I think the oxidized gel coat is the culprit

3)  Test jack plate and eventually install it.   

Problem is that I am too busy using her to get arund to these projects!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smilemaker said:

thanks

I have  Jl in the deck and leaning post with wet sound sound bar on the console but always thought they were too tinny scratchy sounding 

probably better sound than the WM's...they are like the ones in my old F150....but, at 30 mph and a clacky-clacky two stroke behind you....you can at least hear my House and Trance Music while running.....

Capt Donh's head is bobb'n and weaving all the way to the sounds of  Emma Hewitt and AfroJack :) secret Redfish spots.....so secret, I've even forgotten where they are located these days :)

dc

Started building my T-bar for all my rod holders.  System will consist of 2 @ 13" pedastools seat bases, 2 seat mounts that will be used to mount the 1" alumnium square tubing , 1 58 1/2 " 1" square aluminum tube.  This will be able to hold approximately 5-6 drift master rod holders.  This will be a removable system for when I am striper fishing this winter.  Can be used for planer boards and down rod fishing.  Will attach pics this evening.

7 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

Test jack plate and eventually install it.

I forgot about a word of caution with jackplates for first time owners/users that you need to be aware of WWU and a mistake I made twice now.

If you have hydraulic steering chances are the cylinder/ram is inside the splash well so trimming the motor up is not an issue. But when a jackplate with any set back is installed you now put your hydraulic steering ram directly above the transom or just passed it. Trimming a motor up with a jackplate all the way down the hydraulic fittings may/will come in contact with the transom and snap them off or cause cosmetic damage. So be careful. Luckily I only suffered cosmetic damage. I got a brand new baystar cylinder for my Jon Boat because the owner did just that, snapped off both hydraulic 90's in the ram and just wanted to get rid of it, to me for $75! Easey outs are a beautiful thing!:D

Oh and motor height, the jackplate mounting holes are higher. only one height so if you are mounted currently on your second hole you may need to drop the motor down one hole with a jackplate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

I forgot about a word of caution with jackplates for first time owners/users that you need to be aware of WWU and a mistake I made twice now.

If you have hydraulic steering chances are the cylinder/ram is inside the splash well so trimming the motor up is not an issue. But when a jackplate with any set back is installed you now put your hydraulic steering ram directly above the transom or just passed it. Trimming a motor up with a jackplate all the way down the hydraulic fittings may/will come in contact with the transom and snap them off or cause cosmetic damage. So be careful. Luckily I only suffered cosmetic damage. I got a brand new baystar cylinder for my Jon Boat because the owner did just that, snapped off both hydraulic 90's in the ram and just wanted to get rid of it, to me for $75! Easey outs are a beautiful thing!:D

Oh and motor height, the jackplate mounting holes are higher. only one height so if you are mounted currently on your second hole you may need to drop the motor down one hole with a jackplate.

When I ran my Pathy 22, I had a 6 inch bob's...i had notes on the console....DO NOT MOVE THE JP BELOW 3.

I HAD MY BROTHER IN LAW THINKING HE WAS HELPING, LOWERED IT TO ONE AND TRIMMED IT UP....CAN YOU SAY ALMOST BROKE OFF EVERYTHING !!!

GREAT ADVICE !!!!

DC