What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

Just now, flatwater said:

I will take good pictures (without my ugly mug) of the boat when I wax it. I've been focusing on using the boat more than waxing but the wife/kids were slow to get moving so I decided to wax the motor quick. I made a post a couple days ago under the pathfinder section titled "no longer boatless" with some pictures. 

I rebuilt my trolling motor from the shaft down the other night. I was going to take pics and started to, but I'm just too impatient and focused once I'm in the mix. Sorry guys. It runs like a top now. It's amazing how they slowly fade away and you never notice much difference until it's all new again. My head unit crapped out on me after 7 solid years of use, so I pulled that and sent in to Alpine to be fixed. In the meantime I'm going to run a JL Audio Bluetooth unit to my amp and call it a day. 

I ordered a new switch panel and actuators a month or so ago and started to tackle that project. I had to unhook ALL of the wires to insert the old switches into the new panel and then reassemble. I had everything apart and was committed until my neighbor came over and broke my focus. I had the gauges out, key, buzzer etc. and ended up putting all back together as it was. I ran out of daylight and had to fish the next morning. Priorities. Now it looks like I'm replacing a torsion axle this weekend; if I can find one in town that fits my trailer. I'll go ahead and rebuild the hubs while I'm at it and rewire the trailer lights, too. Good times! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

Man, Brad ain't messing around. When he starts fixing stuff, he fixes everything.

I've been in gear most since spring, but took a little time off this summer, it's just too hot. I started out compounding and polishing the boat inside and out. Took the grab rail out and the leaning post and polished all that up too! I replaced or cleaned up all the hardware, made new hatch/seats for the bow compartments and a new leaning post base too. Had that upholstered as well as the console backrest. I had a trim tab actuator acting up, so I replaced those too. I'm just cleaning her all up piece at a time in the evening; my son and wife go to bed early (7 and 8, respectively). A few little pieces and she'll be squared away. 

I have no clue, I bought the trailer used from a fella on this forum 3-4 years ago. Don't let that torsion arm be an indicator, the one on the other side was in near perfect condition. 

With that being said, the hubs were in perfect shape. I do a visual every month or so and pull the wheels about every 3 months just to keep everything moving. Since I was this far in it, I went ahead and replaced the races, bearings and seals and plan to run the wheels up to the shop to be rebalanced. I imagine I'm good for at least another 5 years. 

I measured a few locations for upcoming stereo install.  I'll post about that this n another topic.  The weather here is crazy.  Winds at 27kts, gusting to 35kts along the coast here.  Already had a bunch of sizable limbs come down. Anyhow, I'm bored again. All my plans for yard/house work outside got sidelined until this passes.  Decided to try a new wax (again!!!!). I'm a big fan of Meguiar's products. I hand waxed the 1900 today. I can honestly say I've never put a deeper, more liquid shine on a boat than I have today. Almost jaw dropping.  I used Meguiar's Cleaner Wax.  Went on and came off effortlessly by hand. The key it to spray your application pad with water each time you add wax to it.  I'm done waxing the boat for a year!  Now it will just be simple washing and maintenance. I promise no more waxing pictures or discussion.

IMG_2930.JPG

IMG_2931.JPG

• Like 2

Brad, I'm looking to do something simple. Small head unit with Bluetooth and 2 speakers in console. 6"-8" speakers and no amp if I can get by without one.  I don't need it to be loud and not looking to entertain the entire beach. I just need it to sound good when I'm anchored up fishing or cruising at low speed. Best location I can come up with right now is somewhere below the switch panel and between the steering wheel and the binnacle. I wanted to put a gauge style unit in, but I need both of my Yamaha electronic gauges.  I think a square or small rectangular head unit would fit well. I don't want to cut a massive hole. 

14 hours ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

Brad, I'm looking to do something simple. Small head unit with Bluetooth and 2 speakers in console. 6"-8" speakers and no amp if I can get by without one.  I don't need it to be loud and not looking to entertain the entire beach. I just need it to sound good when I'm anchored up fishing or cruising at low speed. Best location I can come up with right now is somewhere below the switch panel and between the steering wheel and the binnacle. I wanted to put a gauge style unit in, but I need both of my Yamaha electronic gauges.  I think a square or small rectangular head unit would fit well. I don't want to cut a massive hole. 

https://jet.com/product/detail/3c4aa48725e346aaa4ac11cb3fe081b3?jcmp=pla:ggl:NJ_dur_Gen_Sporting_Goods_a1:Sporting_Goods_Hunting_Hunting_Accessories_a1:na:PLA_783891031_42653223978_aud-318763390747:pla-303781019705:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&pid=kenshoo_int&c=783891031&is_retargeting=true&clickid=84903fee-422c-451b-93e3-ba7127d0fd71 

This Model works well on the side by side mud and water got it on amazon though

4 hours ago, hawg said:

Brad M,

Thanks for the info. My springs are lasting about 1 year and I plan on converting to torsion axles as soon as the weather cools.

The only thing I can tell you is measure, measure, measure. I wanted to convert an older EZ-Loader that came with my boat, but the dimensions were so funky it was nearly impossible to find something that would work for the trailer frame width and the track width I needed the wheels to be at. I ended up hanging a new axle under my Float-On, and you would think that would be straight forward too but it wasn't. The options available at my local shops vs. what I needed seemed to be as big a problem as any. Through some digging around my local marine supply shop, I found what would work for me. Once I got home with an axle, I had it in place in just a few minutes. It would have been a 45 minute job to do the entire swap if my compressor and impact were here, but it was quick enough with a breaker bar and ratchet. 

• 1 month later...

Let's move this back to the top now that we are starting to get back to some kind of normalcy after all of the hurricanes. 

Pioneer marine 6.5s came in and will be installing them while I wait on the head unit. I'm gonna have to install them

farther back on the console than I wanted due to the onboard charger location on one side and the fuse block on the other side. Here's my best location I think. Feedback appreciated 

IMG_3097.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Replace bracket on left power pole and some bushings... Will be replacing both tanks and fluid in the coming days....Anyone know how to sinc both PP motors ?

Thanks.

It takes a bit of coordination...the on site reference in the manual will describe it....don't get frustrated...it took me about 3 times to figure it out...

It's a series of pushing various buttons on the top of the units and then the remote at the same time....it took me about 15 min as I had to keep re-starting...

There are a few Youtube videos as well....

dc