What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

1 hour ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

Do they have factory replacements or do they custom make them? A long time ago, they had a bunch of Scout panels left over from OEM stock. I picked one up for my 202 Sportfish.

They look almost factory, but without that old carbon fiber look. I spoke to a guy on the phone because I didn't want whatever hole it is that is plugged right beside my speedo, and they said no problem in omitting it. Once I get that I'm going to order new switch covers like you did and send my gauges out to the gauge guy....but the august flood tides will be here before I can get it done, so it's going to have to wait a few weeks. 

2 hours ago, BradM said:

They look almost factory, but without that old carbon fiber look. I spoke to a guy on the phone because I didn't want whatever hole it is that is plugged right beside my speedo, and they said no problem in omitting it. Once I get that I'm going to order new switch covers like you did and send my gauges out to the gauge guy....but the august flood tides will be here before I can get it done, so it's going to have to wait a few weeks. 

Specking of gauge guy, my fuel gauge side is shot. I can barely make out how much fuel I have. Does anyone know if it can be repaired or I'm on the hook for a new one? All fingers so far are pointing to I'm screwed. Gauges are for a 03' Yamaha VMAX 150. 

2 hours ago, Scout6 said:

Specking of gauge guy, my fuel gauge side is shot. I can barely make out how much fuel I have. Does anyone know if it can be repaired or I'm on the hook for a new one? All fingers so far are pointing to I'm screwed. Gauges are for a 03' Yamaha VMAX 150. 

Do not buy a new one! Send yours to the guy here in this link. I think he charges $50 a gauge and they come back looking like new. 

http://www.gaugesaver.com/

• Like 2

My switch actuators came yesterday and I put them on late last night. Pics aren't good because of the fluorescent lighting, but you get the idea.  The guys at rockerswitchpros.com did a great job, and are fast too! Ordered Sunday night and they were in the mail by 3pm Monday.  These are custom made to what you need them to read on each actuator.  And yes, I have individual control of each one of my cockpit lights (done by previous owner I guess). I thought it strange, but I actually like it.

Before and after.... (well, after and before. Won't let me put them in the order I uploaded for some reason)

IMG_2884.JPG

IMG_2877.JPG

• Like 2

Nothing.....unfortunately. Ran the family out to the beach Saturday and had a gauge issue but motor ran like a top as usual. Both square command links are showing a dash with no info coming from the motor. Revved it at the boat ramp while docking, they came back on. Then while getting on trailer they went back out. Cranked on hose at the house and they came on for a second. I'm taking her in for service and to get that fixed today. Always something I suppose 

I fixed my battery charger connection the other day on my house battery.  My 3 bank charger was charging my TM batts fine, but my house batt apparently wasn't getting the juice.  Checked the charger and it was showing a fault on that (new) battery.  I checked the connection  and the wires disintegrated in my hand.  Quick repair, and life is good again.   

Having said that, I've got a growing list of upcoming jobs so probably as good a place as any to keep track:

- Replace Poppit valve

- Replace/Rewire trailer lights

- Replace trailer jack

- Identify/address water intrusion issue

- Replace bilge pump, install automatic/float switch

• Like 2

On 8/20/2017 at 7:59 PM, HewesYourDaddy said:

Had to strip the wax off when putting registration numbers on last week.  I was bored so I rewaxed the entire rig! Me and a few buddies have been busting each other's balls today about who has the shiniest boat.  There's at least two boats getting a major shine here today!

IMG_2923.JPG

Did you use a buffer and polishing compound ??  WOW...that boat is shiny.