What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

9 hours ago, FINCHASER said:

Racer whats going on there.. did the cap just come off or did the bearings go?  

Fin, Cap came off after,I give a quick look before I roll every trip.  Bearings are completely gone.  When I pulled into the bojangels for a sandwich I watched as the wheel went in and then back out.  When I got out ot he truck and grabbed the tire I was able to move it a good 2-3 inches back and forth.

47 minutes ago, RacerxV6 said:

Fin, Cap came off after,I give a quick look before I roll every trip.  Bearings are completely gone.  When I pulled into the bojangels for a sandwich I watched as the wheel went in and then back out.  When I got out ot he truck and grabbed the tire I was able to move it a good 2-3 inches back and forth.

Oh wow... thats happened 3 times in a year, somethings wrong for sure.  

• Like 1

Ok, I have replaced the hub with my spare hub. I did some measuring with a square and a level. It seems as though the spindle is tweaked. The bubble is off by about a half an inch. Now, that measurement was taken while my wheels were on my drive way and that ain’t the most level. However, when I got everything done and was standing at the front of the truck just before I went on an initial test drive I took some pictures because it looks to me like the port side is not in line. Take a look at these pics and let me know what you think. To me it just looks like the port side is off.  

IMG_1358.jpeg

IMG_1357.jpeg

IMG_1356.jpeg

IMG_1355.jpeg

• Like 1

If you had a bent or misaligned spindle you would see it in the tire wear very quickly. Ask me how I know.

I bumped my wheel on a curd avoiding an idiot and 100 miles later the tire was worn enough to easily be seen. 

Had to replace one of my torsion axles.

If you really want to know then 4 jack stands and some high vis 60 pound or so braid and a tape measure will tell you.

Honestly, they look fine in the pics to me.  

• Like 1