What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

Took the boat out to Lake Greenwood for some crappie fishing.  Only crappie weren't the only biting that morning...there's actually 2 in there.  one is about 15" and the other is about 24-26 inches.  Talk about having some fun catching a 5 lb striper on a 6lb ultra lite crappie rig with a super lite hook....

Saturday Aug 25th.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/19/2024 at 10:29 AM, whichwaysup said:

Definitely got a good education out of it!   Going from unlit switches to lit switches was a learning curve, but what really threw me were the ten terminal trim tab switches . . . WOW.    Got it wrong the first try, but finally figured it out.   

Looks so much cleaner GUS...nice job, Was the supervisor happy with the job? 😄

• Haha 1

On 8/26/2024 at 8:31 AM, RacerxV6 said:

Looks so much cleaner GUS...nice job, Was the supervisor happy with the job? 😄

She says it’ll pass for now.  I have a lot of clean up work to do, actually. Left the wires way too long and didnt have the time or energy to mount the starboard to the side of the console so I could mount all the appropriate pieces without new  drilling holes into the console walls.  That will require another inspections from her.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, THE OUTLAW said:

Yes it is .

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

There are a ton of lakes in highlands county and Ive fished the majority.... Lake placid is my favorite by far, Ive caught alot of big bass on it.  Some private brush piles out there and if you find them they are money especially in the heat of summer

16 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

She says it’ll pass for now.  I have a lot of clean up work to do, actually. Left the wires way too long and didnt have the time or energy to mount the starboard to the side of the console so I could mount all the appropriate pieces without new  drilling holes into the console walls.  That will require another inspections from her.  

When you do it use pvc board glue it up with 4200

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, smilemaker said:

Batteries  give off heat. Aren't you  concerned with the foam holding it in and causing problems. 

In the middle of  winter it might help on charging but would question year round use.

As with all battery boxes the tops are vented very well on the back where the wires enter. I’m more concerned about his old lead acid batteries that had acid all over the top and in the trays. 

5 hours ago, SouthernWake said:

Oh man, that’s surprising to hear. I have years of trouble free near daily trailering on my vortex and they have been the best I have used.

one of those unfortunate realities of life, always need what you don’t have on hand.

Southern I am wondering if I tweaked the spindle 2 years ago when I hopped a curb in a tight parking lot.....