What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

17 hours ago, Carolinadrifter said:

I’ve had my trolling motor directly wired to the battery for 11 years now with no issues. If you don’t plan to take it off the boat then skip the plug and hard wire. 

Same here. I haven't used a plug in 30 years. I solder the factory trolling motor wires to the battery wires and protect the connection with two layers of heat-shrink. If you have to remove the trolling motor for service, you just cut the connecting and lose about 2" of wire. 

13 hours ago, FINCHASER said:

Looks amazing

this is a 2019 hull and we just started apply...first application was last month...look up Torque Car products....they have specials all the time.

I use it on my truck...they have a ceramic wash, then you hit it with the Pink Torque Ceramic wax....

my brothers VW has like 5 years worth of Ceramic on it and it's like glass.

Amazing stuff....not cheap, but, get on the text list and you get it at 1/2 price a couple of times a year....

Dc

• Like 1

Improved cheese grater fabbed and installed.

Spent better part of 5 hours making this thing then over tightened the first screw and cracked it… Apologies if you were in the area and heard some of my choice language. I still left it in there and am going to see how it does, didn’t have it in me to make another today.

IMG_4130.thumb.jpeg.c1aaa614cfaa9dd68300757d206aaa49.jpeg

IMG_4135.thumb.jpeg.cc26d49869d25b2666545610c1eb8f89.jpeg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, PGolz said:

Improved cheese grater fabbed and installed.

Spent better part of 5 hours making this thing then over tightened the first screw and cracked it… Apologies if you were in the area and heard some of my choice language. I still left it in there and am going to see how it does, didn’t have it in me to make another today.

IMG_4130.thumb.jpeg.c1aaa614cfaa9dd68300757d206aaa49.jpeg

IMG_4135.thumb.jpeg.cc26d49869d25b2666545610c1eb8f89.jpeg

Nice work, and on the choice language, definitely been there, don that!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HenrysCreek said:

Rewiring old boats is always a pita.  Nice job!

Definitely got a good education out of it!   Going from unlit switches to lit switches was a learning curve, but what really threw me were the ten terminal trim tab switches . . . WOW.    Got it wrong the first try, but finally figured it out.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, whichwaysup said:

Definitely got a good education out of it!   Going from unlit switches to lit switches was a learning curve, but what really threw me were the ten terminal trim tab switches . . . WOW.    Got it wrong the first try, but finally figured it out.   

now you know what is connected to what :)

super important in the event of an on water short or wire coming loose.

dc

• Like 2

Bwahahah - whelp, I got some learnin' to do on those trim tabs.   They work, but I've got them bassackwards.   Made for a rather exciting ride down the intercoastal this a.m. trying to figure out what the heck was going on!   

Pretty sure I have the left wired to the right, and the right wired to the left, and both of them backwards.

But hey, they work!

The right  switch should  work the left tab and left switch  the right tab.

When you press the tab you should  think about what you want the boat to do not what you want  the tab to do 

Press the top of right switch to put the right bow down the left tab does the work and so on

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HoneyB said:

X2 on left to right and right to left.  If you have them left to left right to right you do have them Bassackwarda !

And sadly, I knew that, and then second guessed myself!   Btw, thanks for selling me that switch panel, it is what triggered me to do this project!

• Like 2

On 8/20/2024 at 9:09 PM, HoneyB said:

X2 on left to right and right to left.  If you have them left to left right to right you do have them Bassackwarda !

wait till you connect the hydraulic steering tubes the wrong way.....can you say .......oooopssss.

I heard from a "guy" who did this :)

dc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Hells bay and a few other skiff makers are now creating this for the Yeti's

Nice DIY....

dc

Correct, all the ones I’ve seen have been welded on though.

needed something removable, I’m sure it can be done cleaner with the right tools.

3 minutes ago, SouthernWake said:

Correct, all the ones I’ve seen have been welded on though.

needed something removable, I’m sure it can be done cleaner with the right tools.

Nicely done....yes, they are all custom installed on the bars....I just saw the new Chitham on instagram and they are using the weld on design.....talk about a $$$$$ skiff....but, a true work of art !!!

dc