21 Redfisher med/heavy load prop

mulligan

For awhile I have been running a PowerTech RKR3 for an everyday prop.  It has worked well for me with 2/3 guys and normal fishing load.  As of late the GFs have caught the fishing bug so now there is the extra load of coolers and gear to carry around.  The RKR does not like the extra load that well and does not pop free from the water like it does with a normal load.  I used to run an OFX when I had to carry a load but it is getting to the end of its life and also got into a fight with a crab trap.  Anyone running a good prop that carries a load well?  I was thinking maybe a Bravo xs/fs as I tried a stock one and seemed to do well but hate to start throwing money at props if someone has already done so.  Thanks

40 minutes ago, mulligan said:

For awhile I have been running a PowerTech RKR3 for an everyday prop.  It has worked well for me with 2/3 guys and normal fishing load.  As of late the GFs have caught the fishing bug so now there is the extra load of coolers and gear to carry around.  The RKR does not like the extra load that well and does not pop free from the water like it does with a normal load.  I used to run an OFX when I had to carry a load but it is getting to the end of its life and also got into a fight with a crab trap.  Anyone running a good prop that carries a load well?  I was thinking maybe a Bravo xs/fs as I tried a stock one and seemed to do well but hate to start throwing money at props if someone has already done so.  Thanks

You may want to try a Yamaha M -23 pro series they have a smaller Dia than the RKR and are easier to spin . As you already know I ran both when I had the larger motor on my HPX and when I was really loaded down the RKR would feel sluggish under the same conditions that the Pro Series would accelerate fine.    Joe R

• 2 weeks later...

I normally run a PowerTech RKR3 23 with a 250 pushing.

Thanks to Linesider for letting me try his Bravo.  I ran it Friday with as heavy as two people could make it, full fuel, trolling motor, all gear, no cooler but filled all the wells which I never do. It ran 63 @ 56-5700rpm and carried all the weight well.

• Like 2

I spoke with Ken at Prop Gods this week and after talking with him I picked up a Bravo 23 to get the rpms up some and should maintain the same topend.  While talking with him he did say the FS\XS wake up on some boats with a bit of tweaking in the cup area.  I will probably run it for awhile to see how it does then maybe send it off for some fine tuning if need be.

• 2 years later...