2016 HPX - How to make front hatch not creak

RedfishRippn

6 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

stop stepping on it.  

(sorry, I couldn't help myself!)

And now, back to our regularly scheduled program . . .

I dont! The problem is I have a buddy who fishes with me from time to time and no matter how many times I point it out he still steps on it. The noise sends shivers down my spine LOL.

had several boats with the same issue. technical poling skiffs with a squeaky hatches don't fly. take an old t-shirt cut a small piece maybe 12 x 6 " and place it over the corner seal that squeaks . problem solved until you fix it otherwise.

sometimes light sanding on the lid may resolve the squeak. you may be able to see the rub marks.

On 6/23/2017 at 11:40 PM, captpn said:

had several boats with the same issue. technical poling skiffs with a squeaky hatches don't fly. take an old t-shirt cut a small piece maybe 12 x 6 " and place it over the corner seal that squeaks . problem solved until you fix it otherwise.

sometimes light sanding on the lid may resolve the squeak. you may be able to see the rub marks.

The previous owner of my 18HPX sanded down the lip on the front hatch. No squeak now.

First, make sure your hinges are tight. If the screws/bolts that hold the hinges in place get loose, then the hatch will move and be misaligned. If everything is tight, open the lid and look for chaffing marks on the lid. This is the part that needs sanding. Or, you might try replacing the gasket because they do get compressed over time. Or, take it back to the dealership and ask them what they would do and if it's under warranty.

Archived