leaning post livewell

Stricklyoutdoors

They're nice live wells but pretty small if I remember right   I could be wrong.

Talk to Chris Wolchok @ Coast 2 Coast in Tampa.  He does amazing work on restoring boats, custom fiberglass, live wells.  My buddy just had one built for his Shoalwater.  

The one on my PF is almost identical to the one he builds.  It is about 45gal.  I have (2) 1100GPH pumps going to it in the floor.  Puts the Pathfinder wells to shame.  

IMG_2460.JPG

IMG_2472.JPG

• Like 1

My only concern about a leaning post live well is the weight of the water. The deck of the 23 HPS drains quick, but with the added weight it might not drain quickly or not drain at all. Multiply the gallons (capacity) by 8 and see what you come up with for additional pounds. Now add a couple of big guys in the back and you might have wet feet. Just something to think about before you order.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smooth move said:

does it keep water in during a rough ride? only one i've been around would leak in rough seas.

Yes, hard to see but it has a thick black gasket around the edge of lid and also I use a compression type latch.  Doesn't leak a drop.  

The livewell didn't change the drainage at all on my 22.  It does add more weight but the weight is also shifted forward some.  There are really no negatives.  Also gives you a ton more walk around room compared to the leaning post which is awesome. 

• 2 years later...
On 6/19/2017 at 3:13 PM, Capt. Tyler said:

They're nice live wells but pretty small if I remember right   I could be wrong.

Talk to Chris Wolchok @ Coast 2 Coast in Tampa.  He does amazing work on restoring boats, custom fiberglass, live wells.  My buddy just had one built for his Shoalwater.  

The one on my PF is almost identical to the one he builds.  It is about 45gal.  I have (2) 1100GPH pumps going to it in the floor.  Puts the Pathfinder wells to shame.  

IMG_2460.JPG

IMG_2472.JPG

I am interested in your seat/livewell.  How much does this one cost?  I have about 32".

• 1 year later...