Yeti Cooler Tie Downs

RockDaddy

I have a Yeti 105 cooler that sits in front of my console.  It replaced the cooler that came with the boat.  I'd appreciate any suggestions on the best way to secure it.  I'd prefer not to drill holes in the cooler if possible.  I've worried about screwing new anchor plates in the deck.  I don't know if there are any wood blocks under the fiberglass for screws to grip into.

A yeti 105 should set still without any straps. I would want some on there but a lot of people do not strap yeti's due to there weight and non slip feet.

i would only use the yeti straps. I used them on my previous boat with a igloo. The mounted foot takes 4 screws but with 4 it should never come up. The strap will go through the slot built into the cooler at the top by the handle. The slip buckle is very nice and easy to tighten as well as loosen. 

You're right about the cooler usually not moving.  I've had it for a few years and it rarely bounces.  But for those few times that it does, I really don't want to have worry about it.  It usually means things have gotten a little hairy.  Did you ever worry about the 4 screws pulling out with the Yeti foot mount?

Hae 65 Yeti mounted on the front of a 24-foot TRS. Use the yeti mounting straps and tie downs never had a problem with the 4 screws coming loose or pulling. Put a little boat life in the holes after I drilled them and then tighten the screws down. Have had the cooler full and running in a chop with the bow bouncing and no moving on the screws.

I have the yeti tie downs on the Maverick. Really nice, strong and it looks like a quality product. What I don't like is the are not flush and we stub our toes on them when the cooler isn't there. No big deal bit a pain in the foot.

I think Kennedy or the ones MBC uses work better for me. I like the almost flush mount and since MBC went to the mounts that screw in, they don't fail. Kennedy's seem bullet proof but I think any of these work well.

9 hours ago, fishmanjj said:

That rounded head is a great idea ! Easy on bare feet when nothing is attached. JJ

That one you have to have access to the back side to install. It's got a washer and nut on the back side. Don't know how one would easily use it in the deck in front of the console.

Archived