Tomoka

Geaux Time

Talk to Capt. Scott Cornelius at the Tomoka Outpost(inside the Tomoka park).  Ole friend of mine and he is a local captain.   He can set you up with canoes/kayaks/food/drinks and live music at the outpost.   The river is a great fishery, the basin is also a local favorite.   Have a good time, I am not much of a camper but I always hear great things about the park. 

Thanks Buddy. We just got back. Campground was packed but we had a good time. Outboard acted up halfway into my fishing day. Had to limp back with the trollling motor...fuel filter. Got one redfish around one of those mosquito cuts across from the launch. I'll def head back there to explore the river some more. Really beautiful area

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Geaux Time,

Tomoka is on our bucket list to try in the pop up. How were the sites? How about the showers, were they clean? We have a small group that camps together when we can,  last weekend we went to Blue Springs state park near Orange City. Have any of you ever been to De leon state park and eaten at the Sugarmill Restaurant? It has all you can eat pancakes that you cook yourself?

Tomoka was not a bad experience. Sites are a bit close to each other and pretty level. We were in a tent on Thanksgiving weekend so it was really crowded. If using a pop up, try to get a larger site. Roads are not paved so it gets quite dusty. Brought the boat and boat parking was in a separate lot. The basin area and river was nice. If you have kayaks or canoe, I would suggest that rather than boat for fishing across from the camp store area.  Really shallow over oyster bars. Showers were ok, but like I said, it was holiday weekend so it was rammed with people

Archived