MOT 31 (Islamorada 2017)

DblPly

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest elliottd

Hi all,

Apologies for the lack of communication from my end. I was just able to get into the office today. 

Before I canceled the tournament I wanted to make sure we had contacted Larry at Breezy Palms to get on the same page. They incurred substantial damage but nothing that can't be replaced or repaired. I expect them to be up and running quickly. 

With the damage at the Breezy and the overall situation in the Florida Keys, we will be forced to cancel the tournament for now. We are hoping our favorite fishing islands can get back up and running as soon as possible. 

We will hopefully be able to reschedule some type of event this year and we are hoping to gather volunteers for whatever is most needed in the area. We are getting more and more info from the Keys every day but at this time the how and WHEN we can help is unknown. 

We do have our Charleston, SC owners tournament next month for those interested. We can transfer the tickets from event to event. This tournament will have an additional fundraising aspect for the Florida keys. 

Stay tuned for more information. We are keeping all of the Florida Keys in our hearts, 

Elliott Deal 

15 hours ago, slyshon said:

Feels strange not being at the Breezy in Islamorada right now sitting on the cottage porch with an adult beverage...

Skip 

We feel the same way.. Been staying at Breezy Palms several times a year for 20 years.  They have had hurricanes take away the docks before.  They will be back.. but not in time for the OT.

I miss walking the docks and seeing old friends again...

Woodsie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest elliottd

Hi all, 

Wanted to let you know that we have decided upon the dates of next year's tournament: Sept. 27th-30th. Breezy is back up and running so I would book your rooms now! 

• 3 months later...
17 minutes ago, Jersey Joe said:

I would try Anglers House almost directly across the street in bayside

I usually launch there. They will rent you a slip and stow the trailer

That place looks great! Wish I knew it was there, I would have stopped by when I was there last weekend. Thanks for the info!

Archived