MOT 31 (Islamorada 2017)

DblPly

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/28/2017 at 0:04 PM, wthree3 said:

I tried contacting Angler house last year when I needed a slip and the manager would never return my call. Got the impression they were not open to the public. 

I got a hold of the dock master. He said they are completely booked that week and do not have trailer storage or dockage... :(

Any other suggestions on a safe place to keep a boat?

Thank you

Phone call today: "Hey...  I need to send some folks to Australia and probably Singapore next month...  I would really like you to be with them just in case, you know what I mean"..  I said "I understand... When?"..  She said "The week of Sept 18th"...  I said "Yeahhhh... About that week... NoCanDo"... 

WooHooo...  44 days and a wakeup!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I am staying at Sands of Islamorda. Stayed there last year and I was just there last weekend. Nice place, nice owners. Great tournament. Awesome ride to Flamingo from Islamorada. 

Soooooooo Now to the main question.....how will Irma effect the tournament? Still on? Cancelled? Rescheduled? Man I hope its still on. I will drive down early to help repair if needed!

12 hours ago, wthree3 said:

Reported on the Breezy Facebook page.....5-6 inches of water in the lower rooms, docks gone, tiki huts pretty much gone. No major damage to the structures.

Sounds like a NO GO. I just saw the pics. Hate to sound pessimistic but I'm sayin, No Way. Su@ks, because this was going to be my little vacation.

Elliott is out of town and for obvious reasons having a hard time getting back.  As stated above the Florida Keys are in bad shape including the Breezy Palms Resort, not official as of yet but this event will have to be cancelled.  Upon Elliott's return we will meet and speak with the Breezy, would like to come up with a plan as a group to help them out, they need it.

Skip

I agree with Skip..as a whole we can provide a lot of support for these folks that were hit the hardest!  I had reservations for the entire week next door at The Sands.. I left message for them on Friday to move my reservation to whatever date that would be best for them! I would be there to help them with rebuilding, cleanup, whatever they need!  I have already spread out the resources that I had stocked up...fuel, water, food, generators  It's what we do as good neighbors!

Andy

Archived