North East Corner of Anclote Key

Capt. Troy

So found out a couple things so far, the parcel of land  (Parcel ID No. 19-26-15-0000-00200-0000).  Here is the link to it: 

http://appraiser.pascogov.com/search/parcel.aspx?sec=19&twn=26&rng=15&sbb=0000&blk=00200&lot=0000&action=Submit

Attached is the lot outline.  If the hut is all inside of that, it can be held as owned, even though it wasn't approved to be built.  The DEP will have to have it torn down, or they will cave and everyone will be buying underwater lands which surprisingly are not that expensive.  I looked around a couple places and submerged lands in Florida are surprisingly cheap.  I mean I could purchase 10 acres and I can't even afford to purchase a used hewes.  The biggest cost would be constructing your fish camp chickee hut not the submerged land.  If this isn't remedied these things are going to spring up everywhere.  

I'll have to get some exact gps coordinates next time i'm out to see if it lines up inside the lot.  If it is somehow outside those boundaries than it would be like building a structure on state lands, and ownership would be hazy, at best, so trespass laws from Florida statute 810.08 probably couldn't be prosecuted, however it might be able to be claimed as a dock so I'm going to look into reparian rights law to see what is classified as a dock in Fl.  I think without a permit its not a dock, it's an unauthorized structure.  

Unfortunately, it looks like trespass laws would apply unless there is a loop hole, like the one that allowed it to be built.

If anyone else has any other ideas, or avenues that I should research let me know.

Lot.PNG

Close up.PNG

Archived