2003 Hewes 16 Redfisher

Chuck59

Fish in Biloxi marsh.  I have a cavitation problem when turning when the motor is slightly trimmed. In order to stop it I have to trim the engine to the lowest position which is a problem in the shallow water. Sliding in narrow hairpin turns is also a problem. Any suggestions?

If you can find a P.T.R. 4 blade prop to run it may do the trick. I had a 2003 16 R.F. and most of the props I I ran did not grip in turns Unless I trim down all the way and lowered the jack plate . The P.T.R. 4 would grip  with the motor jacked up and with lots of trim . Joe R

P.T.R. Is the series of a prop that power tech makes. Call Marcus at power tec props and tell him that you are interested in the P.T.P. 4 blade prop tell him that Joe R from the maverick forum told you to call him. IM sure that someone on this forum has his phone number.  Joe R

• 4 years later...
On 8/2/2016 at 4:24 AM, dabear said:

I have not had my 16 red fisher in 8 years , I remember how well the PTR 4 work with grip on my 16 red fisher and on a friends 17 HPX but do not remember the pitch call Marcus he should be able to dial you in. Joe R

I'm in need of a new prop, do you think Marcus is still at power tech?

I talked with Marcus this afternoon and let him know you sent me. Great to talk with and full of RD! I have an 02 Redfisher 16 with an 02 90 hp 2 stroke. Marcus with though every detail on Why this pro would be the best fit. I ordered a power tech SCD4R15Pym-90 (13dx15pitch).

Back in 02 she came with a Protech 15 pitch 4 blade stainless  and she would hit 41-42 with gear and 12 volt trolling.

Now she's rigged with 2 6ft power poles, 24 volt trolling, hydraulic steering, Fly gear / Back country gear.

So once I get it install and run a few test I'll return with some feed back. I know the hole shot will be good, I'll be checking the blow out and top speed.