‘99 18’ Lappy with 150SHO four blade

Buzztail

On Ken’s recommendation I tried the PT PTZ4 and the Rubex HR4. Both 19p 4b

The Rubex ran better than the PT overall with similar holeshot for both. Tucking the motor, and no tabs got me out of the water in a boat length. The PT showed more bow rise but not by much. Both were very flat coming out. 
Motor is one hole from highest setting.  

Solas numbers:
3.5k-30.3mph-6mpg
4K-35.5mph-5mpg
4.5k-40mph-4.5mpg
5k-45mph-3.9mpg

Flat out at 5800 showed 51.2
I was able to get a little more RPM, but the speed stayed flat. I trimmed it to 6,000, but lost .1mph…
That is with a full tank, me and one other person, and a fully ready to fish boat. 

The PT acted as if it was slipping WOT and trimmed. Though admittedly clean water was hard to come by the day I ran it. Mid range was solid though. 

IMG_1824.jpeg

IMG_1823.jpeg

Attachment.jpeg

I do-ish. I’ll take some close up pics next time, just never remember to. If sag is what you’re curious about the waterline is dead even with the bottom of deck drains with a regular load out. Three batteries in the console, and full tank. Usually Mrs. Buzztail fishing from the bow, and me in the stern. No water accumulates in the floor, but the drain channel is usually wet enough to allow wayward shrimp to gain freedom through the drains with any forward momentum 

IMG_2775.jpeg