Tilt steer remote fill hose.... whats urs look like?

FINCHASER

Keep having air in my steering found a few less than tight fittings but no leaks per se.  Was going over the system and was looking at the remote fill hose and there was a 6" section of the hose that didnt have fluid in it starting at the brass elbow in the helm.  Took it in to have it purged and pointed out the issue with the fill hose... shop said they had to do it several times to get it out.

That got me to looking at the hoses orientation and thinking its not even close to ideal to allow air to get out.  This is how it came from the factory so wanting to get input from any on here with tilt helm and the new style console on how yours is routed if different than mine??

Gotta come up with a solution here... Ill contact seastar monday to get there suggestions

20221126_201000.jpg

• Like 1

Not sure if this will help...

That looks like the sport tilt model.  The instructions show that the fill tube hose vent should be higher than where the brass fitting is.

page 11 of the manual shows how the purge vent should be above the hose and barb fitting, without the bend that you have in your hose. If you could turn the brass fitting 180 degrees, you may be able to have a shorter [hose] bend that will be closer to vertical, which may help to purge the air and add fluid as well.

IMG_6208.thumb.png.7ce86f48f5af188123a05cf1fca256cd.png

https://www.seatechmarineproducts.com/content/SeaStar/SeaStar-SportSport-Plus-Tilt-Helms-book.5.2-rev.I-279102I.pdf

• Like 2

Jim thanks... yea I had already looked at the manual last night.  There needs to be a gradual and continual rise to the hose from the helm to the fill.  Thats why I was asking others to check theirs.... hoping to find an example of one installed correctly.  Im not sure given the current remote fills location I can get the rise needed de to having to have trns in the hose so sharp I think it might kink.  Worst case I cold install another remote fill in the console out to the side

• Like 1