2015 2200 w/ Yamaha 200 SHO

My boat has a jack plate and a 4 blade prop currently. It has a top speed of about 40 mph at 4800 rpm. I typically run it at 4300 rpm 30 mph and get around 2 miles per gallon. Seems to be I should be getting closer to 3. I can't read the numbers on my current prop but is this mileage typical or should I be doing better?

Best prop on my 2012 2200 with 200 4.2l SHO and jack plate was the Yamaha Saltwater Series HS4 21 pitch

5400 to 5600 and 50 to 52 mph.  Best was running light, just me in the boat with the wind and max trim, 54.4 mph at 5900 rpm.

There are also some three blades that some of these guys on the forum liked on your setup.

3.0 mpg was the average when cursing at 40 mph

Your have some room to improve for sure.

Don't rule out an ecu upgrade if your warranty is expired. 

I can’t give much info on fuel burn. I usually set up for max rpm and speed and the theory is that will give you the best mid range. Before I flashed my 200 SHO I ran a 21 tempest plus. It was amazing in all aspects. 53 mph whith rpm’s close to 6 when running light. My boat also has a oversized t top. The prop lifted the hull so well it just felt so light on the water. A huge improvement to the prop that was on the boat when I bought it.