My Maverick is like a superstar that’s always hurt

So much to love from a fishing performance perspective but quality control on my copy build was garbage.  Blessed to have great dealer and Maverick has been responsive in supplying replacement parts but as a boat owner going back 53 years owning Sea Rays, Champion, Gator Trax , Cabo and more, I have never had a boat with so many problems that are 100% quality control. 

Drain hoses not connected to the outside, doa trim, hatch latch with no latch bar, faulty bilge pump,, seat back becoming detached plus porpoising problem reflect very sloppy work.  

Yesterday, picked up my boat from the shop and learned my entire switch panel is being replaced because it wasn’t sealed and full of rust after less than six months.  Symptom was nav lights sporadically  working and part of bilge problem not working manually.  

Now three blessings  that are non trivial.  Truly outstanding dealer in Tim’s Marine.  They make it far less painful.  Proactive and they stay on Maverick to respond.  Secondly, dealer network means I am getting service 10 miles from my main fishing grounds.  Know lots of folks that are hauling their boats to Florida for service and having to fight their own battles with the boat builder. Lastly, Maverick has been responsive with replacement parts.  These 3 blessings largely mitigate my frustration with the boat spending so much time in the “injury tent” if I use a football metaphor.  

So why Superstar label? It’s a fishing machine!  When “healthy”, my package is all I could want and more.  By package I include the MinnKota Instinct trolling motor.   This assessment isn’t just from me but everyone that has fished with me including a veteran captain that’s a friend.  Ride is crisp, stealth is elite, poling that even this 73 year old can handle when needed, convenience and easy of handling all are 5 star.  That adds to my patience and confidence that the dealer and I have “inspected” into boat the quality that I would have expected Maverick to deliver initially.   Experience tells me this stage of “start up problems” is nearing an end.  Once done, this will probably be the finest boat I have owned.   

do have a custom tarpon cage that’s “AARP” friendly that will be here Oct 1.  Will post pics when done but something I need when I take out old people to keep them in the boat.(wink)