Has anyone installed a 2nd Battery on a 2400 Open?

Jef

If so, did you use your trolling motor battery per the owners manual wiring diagram?  AND if you did.....where the hell is the other end of the positive that should go to the battery selector switch?

Maybe include info such as what you are trying to do and what battery setup it currently has??  Im Guessing you have one battery and want to add another for more house power?  If there isnt a battery cable already there then Id assume possibly the boat was not pre wired for a trolling motor.... if so they would not provide cable for 2nd battery

So just for grins I looked at my set up

1 Two position battery cut off switch with 1 position for emergency starting only, B1 and B2 Terminations do exist

2 No emergency starting wire from any of trolling motor batteries installed to B2 terminal( I knew this already)

3 system is as close to Skips drawing as you can get with exception of emergency wire from trolling batteries not installed to B2 , relatively short run to install, my preference was to make a set of small jumpers to cover any battery jumping inside the console.(I’m running lead acid Interstate batteries)

There should be more than enough room to install a battery tray, tie down and additional house/ starting battery.

As mentioned more info need and some photos would help

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply ya'll.  

There are 2 leads (+ & - ) from the prewired "area' where the TM batteries would be located.  Per the wiring diagram in the owners manual, the leads would be connected to a TM battery and then to the B2 post (+), and the negative to the ground bar.  In this way you can use a TM battery as a backup. 

When I wrote the post, I could not find the end of those leads that are for the gnd. & B2.  I ended up removing the battery, the tray and the piece the tray mounts to.  I finally found them.

I'm glad PF laid them in there, but they could have done a much better job.

PF doc.docx