2014 Pathfinder 2400 TRS Fuel

Harlan

My 2014 Pathfinder 2400 TRS recently started creating a pretty strong suction when opening the fuel fill cap. I opened the vent on the side of the boat and nothing appeared blocked. I have a 6” access inside the port side rod locker where I can access the fuel fill and vent hoses. I ran my hand down as far as I could and did not feel a charcoal filter or relief valve. Has anyone experienced this issue? Or does anyone know how Pathfinder designed the fuel system in 2014? Any help is greatly appreciated! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Seither said:

Try this, possible carbon canister is saturated, I do this during annual maintenance

Thanks George. I tried this and get air pressure that builds up. Was afraid I was going to damage the hose so I stopped. Still searching for the blockage. I was hoping someone has been through this before and could tell me how the fuel vent system is setup from Pathfinder. I assume it has a charcoal filter but can’t locate it. 

5 hours ago, George Seither said:

In the console under batteries is another pie plate you may need to see if the tank vent hose is kinked, my 2300 has one additional pie plate in front of console as well not sure on 2200 if one is in front of the console 

Thanks. I’ll check that out.